Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: shark fin endcaps stock???? on 01 SERG  (Read 1212 times)

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 serg
    • My company site
shark fin endcaps stock???? on 01 SERG
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:52:38 PM »

Hi, im curious if the exhaust tips on my 01 are the OEM ones, I only own this bike a few months and cannot find any reference to this anywhere, infact id love to see the list of "extras" the 2001 SERG had over the standard RG of that year.  does anyone have a link to such a page??  Steve

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Re: shark fin endcaps stock???? on 01 SERG
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:42:48 PM »

Welcome to the site. Shark fins were stock on the 00 and 01 along with bike cover, chopped tour pak, lowers, rider and passenger back rests. The 01 also had chrome rims and a cd deck thing in the tour pak. Someone shortly will probably send you the whole goodie list, but that is the short list. Doc

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 07:39:56 AM »

Thank you Grandpadoc, ive got every one of those things!  :)     I just had my oil changed at a local shop and the guy remarked about how its a nice bike but needs some perfomance upgrades.  Im sure that includes getting rid of those fins, but I do like the look!  Good thing I dont have any more money to blow (yet).  Guy couldnt believe it only had 900 miles on the clock for a bike that old, but it was a lucky find.

Regards,
BAkes

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:43:53 AM »

In my opinion leave it alone, that 95incher runs strong enough !!  The only modification I would recommend is a gear drive cam kit when the bike gets in the 30-40K mile range. The stock chain cam tensioners suck and can cause major damage in time. I used the S&S 510g kit and am very happy with it. 

Doc

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »

In my opinion leave it alone, that 95incher runs strong enough !!  The only modification I would recommend is a gear drive cam kit when the bike gets in the 30-40K mile range. The stock chain cam tensioners suck and can cause major damage in time. I used the S&S 510g kit and am very happy with it.  

Doc

Doc is correct.

They are good running bikes and maybe a little "massaging" will help but they really need nothing after the cam chain tenioners are addressed.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

bakes

• Junior CVO Member

• My company site
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »

well, there is some problem deveoping as we speak.  I found this bike with 490 miles on it, and they guy says he changed the oil every so often , but really never rode it and he was the origional owner. There is an intermitant  tapping noise from the engine.  its a fairly loud tap and with my limmited knowledge of engines I think its a lifter.  I can get rid of the tapping by engaging the clutch and letting the motor spin down to an idle, for example if im riding and the tapping starts but Im moving at road speeds, i ingage the clutch and release the throttle.  then when i rev it back up, its usually gone.. Also, it doesnt always do this and it seems to be mostly when its cold.  I know I need to bring it to the shop,but i guess im hoping it goes away!!!!!   a few guys here warned me that a bike that sat for so long not driven can often have some problems like seals and such.  im hoping its just an adjustment.
steve

Stingboy :}

• Gambling is illegal here at Bushwood sir...., and I never slice. Damn!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 Pumpkin SEEG
    • CVO2: 2003 Anniversary Fatboy ( Non CVO)
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:50:01 PM »

well, there is some problem deveoping as we speak.  I found this bike with 490 miles on it, and they guy says he changed the oil every so often , but really never rode it and he was the origional owner. There is an intermitant  tapping noise from the engine.  its a fairly loud tap and with my limmited knowledge of engines I think its a lifter.  I can get rid of the tapping by engaging the clutch and letting the motor spin down to an idle, for example if im riding and the tapping starts but Im moving at road speeds, i ingage the clutch and release the throttle.  then when i rev it back up, its usually gone..
Also, it doesnt always do this and it seems to be mostly when its cold.  I know I need to bring it to the shop,but i guess im hoping it goes away!!!!!   a few guys here warned me that a bike that sat for so long not driven can often have some problems like seals and such.  im hoping its just an adjustment.
steve

Anyone have a clue what this is?  My bike is doing the same thing.  More when it is hot.  13k on odometer

Help.

Sting
/Users/Sting/Desktop/2008 Beaver Patriot/2008 Beaver Patriot Thunder.JPG

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.