Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PASSENGER FLOORBOARD HEEL GUARDS  (Read 2607 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
PASSENGER FLOORBOARD HEEL GUARDS
« on: September 05, 2009, 07:50:11 PM »

Okay guys...went out riding with mama today and when we got back she left a HUGE glob of heel rubber on the left pipe...got most of it off, but still have more work ahead of me...that's not the issue.  I want to put some nice heel guards on and I found these from Kuryakyn, but they're made for the standard rear passenger floorboard mount not the one that the CUSE2 and newer has.  Have any of you folks with 07 or newer found any heal guards for your passenger floorboards?  Appreciate any help you can provide.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
Re: PASSENGER FLOORBOARD HEEL GUARDS
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 08:02:47 PM »

I purchased the Carl Miles Heel Guard for my right driver side and Love It!  I believe this is the same one that Don has.  Have not tried the passenger heel guards but if they are the same quality then I think you will be very happy.

I called Carl one Saturday morning to inquire about the guard expecting a call on Monday - he called me back within the hour and we spent 20 minutes on the phone discussing his heel guard.  He went out to his shop and measured the guard etc.  A real nice guy.  I ordered the guard and had it in 3 days.

The one thing that I really like about his guard is what I believe Don stated - that it looks like it belongs on the bike, it is not overdone no knock on anyone else's product but the fit and finish are simple and it works!

I will be happy to take a pic of the driver guard on my bike but I do not have the passenger as you ask about.

Hope this helps.

Here is his website - www.heelguard.com 
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 08:35:04 PM »

I purchased the Carl Miles Heel Guard for my right driver side and Love It!  I believe this is the same one that Don has.  Have not tried the passenger heel guards but if they are the same quality then I think you will be very happy.

I called Carl one Saturday morning to inquire about the guard expecting a call on Monday - he called me back within the hour and we spent 20 minutes on the phone discussing his heel guard.  He went out to his shop and measured the guard etc.  A real nice guy.  I ordered the guard and had it in 3 days.

The one thing that I really like about his guard is what I believe Don stated - that it looks like it belongs on the bike, it is not overdone no knock on anyone else's product but the fit and finish are simple and it works!

I will be happy to take a pic of the driver guard on my bike but I do not have the passenger as you ask about.

Hope this helps.

Here is his website - www.heelguard.com  

Thanks T Mac, but unfortunately, he sells the same rear passenger board guard made by Kuryakyn and the way it installs is around the floorboard mount that sticks out from the frame.  On the 07 and newer SEUCs the mount that sticks out from the frame is larger than the standard non-adjustable  mount on the regular ultra classic.
Here's what the part descriptions says:
RIGHT or LEFT TRIPLE PLATED SHOW CHROME
Fits FL FRAMES ONLY (Harley-Davidson Dressers and Road Kings). Does not fit '07 or later Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic w/ Harley-Davidson part #50768-07
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:01:49 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 ; '08 White
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 12:59:57 AM »

Red Devil,
 Have you tried, Boot Dr.  They make boot guards for all types of floorboards.. I have purchased their products before and like them..You might want to give them a call. Just trying to help out.. JohnT.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 01:39:14 AM »

Red Devil,
 Have you tried, Boot Dr.  They make boot guards for all types of floorboards.. I have purchased their products before and like them..You might want to give them a call. Just trying to help out.. JohnT.

Thanks John, I'll check them out...:)

2012 FLHXSE3

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.