Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome center stand  (Read 6701 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Chrome center stand
« on: November 17, 2007, 04:04:11 PM »

Has anyone installed the chrome center stand on there Ultra yet & if so how do you like it so far & would you recommend it...

Part # is 91573-06. Retail price is $329.95
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: Chrome center stand
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 04:10:20 PM »

Has anyone installed the chrome center stand on there Ultra yet & if so how do you like it so far & would you recommend it...

Part # is 91573-06. Retail price is $329.95

Here are a couple of other links on that same part.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=13336.0;all

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14765.0;all

Good luck.

:indian_chief:

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:17:52 PM »

My buddy Bill has one and loves it. Saves some room in the garage and makes loading the saddle bags much easier.

Cerdo
Andy

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 08:55:41 AM »

My buddy Bill has one and loves it. Saves some room in the garage and makes loading the saddle bags much easier.

Cerdo

Agree with the above.  I installed it on a 08 FLTR.  It's connects via the lower swing arm bolt on each side and two bolts with supplied nuts through the cross member of the frame.  It's a real bitch getting the right side swing arm bolt in position.  You have to loosen the entire right side exhaust after removing the floorboard.  It would be a great project  to do in conjunction with changing out the headers.   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »

Just installed one on my 01 SERG.  I am very happy with it- great product!!

MHenriques

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 04:37:22 PM »

Hello guys

I'm installing a HD Chrome Center Stand (98959-08) on my 2008 Softail Heritage Custom, but I am having difficulties getting all 4 screw holes aligned.

I tried 2 ways:

a) add the 2 screws (loose) at the exhaust side (right) and then tried to align the other 2 screws on the other side -> can't get the holes to align, even putting all the bike weight on the stand...

b) add one screw at each side (the screws farther from the rear wheel - still loose) and then tried to align the remaining 2 screws on each side -> can't get the holes to align, again even putting all the bike weight over the stand

It seems to me the stand itself is being limited by the bike's frame. Looking at the stand (see picture attached - red arrow) there is a part that can go either "under" or over the frame. The installation manual does not mention trying to fit the stand with this part "under" the frame, hence I'm assuming it will stay "over" the frame. Does anyone had the same issue installing this stand?

Thanks for your help.

MaurĂ­cio

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 10:58:55 PM »

I love it, save allot of room with the other bike.

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

FiveO CVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • SERK's Rule

• CVO1: FLHRSE4 105th Annv #819/1800
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 04:36:54 AM »

I would recommend this one instead.  I had one installed on my "08 FLHRSE4 in Milwaukee during the 105th.  No messing with the swingarm pivot bolt.  attaches directly under the bike onto the bowtie cross member.  Powder coated black with nice chrome end.  No getting off the bike to lift on the stand, and can easily drive off without ever having to place feet on the grond if you don't want.  I love mine.  If you get yourself a small piece of 3/8" to 1/2" plywood, just slip that under the legs of the stand and walla, you can spin the rear tire for cleaning.  Without the plywood the tire just barely touches the ground.  It does matter what bike you have since they have a few different sizes depending on the bikes clearence below.  Stock clearence that is.  $289.00 which I believe is cheaper than the HD one.  Not sure.

Bottom line: Now that I've had it installed, I'm having a hard time considering removing it even though I would have to if I ever wanted to install one of those stabilizers under there that attach to the oil pan and that same bowtie cross-member.  Always a give and take ...

Link to there website; http://www.ezupcenterstand.com/ and a pic below of the stand.  I'd send of pic of mine on the bike but I'm still in Iraq for another month or so till I get home for good.  Another deployment (3rd) in the books.  It's getting old.  SV
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 05:25:12 AM by FiveO CVO »
-- MOD's
    Dead Center Cycle fairing - CVO Annv paint by Gene
    Speeds Performance "Speedy Flow" Intake w/'07 A/C Cover off my CVO Springer
    '61- 62 Tank Decals painted to match
    RB Racing 2-1 Exhaust - LSR Black Hole Spyder w/stock O2 sensors
    RB Racing Dual O2 Display gauge on handlebar
    Andrews 54H's Cams w/SE Cam Support Plate & SE Pushrods (Adj)
    30T Evo Industries Primary Sprocket/Chain
    TTS MasterTune
    EZ Up Center Stand
    Redline fluids throughout

MHenriques

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 06:28:33 AM »

Hello FiveO

Thanks for your reply but EZUP does not yet has a model that fits the Softail frame... I wish !!

Mauricio

baddog652

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCUI W/ SE103 & SE 6 SPEED
    • CVO2: 2003 FLSCTI
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 11:19:57 AM »

The HD stand is the best. I had an EZ UP on my Ultra and the pivot axle started coming out. I immediately took it off and put it in the scrap pile where it belonged. There are a lot of center stands available through VWOWV and bulletpolish.com but I prefer the HD stand. Revco also makes a real nice on. I would never recommend an EZ UP.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 11:39:15 AM »

I had the ez-up centerstand for a year and a half and loved it. Decided to get the bagger brace so centerstand had to come off. I miss it allot!! Sold it to a buddy of mine on his Ultra and he has had it for 6 months and he loves it!! Much better than the HD centerstand because of the long swingarm that allows you to lift the bike without getting off bike. I have heard many complaints from other ultra owners that have tried the HD Stand and it is a royal PIA to use.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

MHenriques

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »

Guys

I was trying to access VwowV as an alternative Softail center stand supplier but their web site is out for some days now... Any known problem with them?

TKS

Mauricio

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »

I had the EZup and sent it back.  It was installed by one of their authorized dealers at Myrtle Beach bike week and my bike leaned noticeably to the right and I could not drive it off the stand.  At least they were willing to give me a complete refund.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 10:24:52 AM »

I have 4 (yes 4!) Harley centerstands.
Sturdy, easy to install, no issues.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Page created in 0.373 seconds with 25 queries.