Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How Does MOCO Decide Where They Go?  (Read 938 times)

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
How Does MOCO Decide Where They Go?
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:50:45 PM »

I will use the Softail Convertible as an example, if they are only making 2500 how do they determine where they go? And are they sent world wide or just in the states?

Obviously using simple math they could send about 50 to each state, but some states like mime(MI) has way more dealers than others.

Also, is there a way to find out how many will have been sold in each state after it all shakes out?

Thanks in advance.

Ultra2010

Re: How Does MOCO Decide Where They Go?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 01:34:39 AM »

Glad to see that question... I was wondering that too.  When I bought my SECU/ Burnt Amber, the dealer said that was the only one they were getting, small dealer.  Guess they get sent out by performance/sales numbers and/or area population etc.....  I've seen a number of Convertibles on the floor, but not more than one at any one dealer.  Hummmmm, hard saying not knowing.   :nixweiss:

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »

As i understand the dealerships are merited on a points system, how that works i am not sure but i guess points are awarded for sales performance/ after sales/ goegraphical area  etc etc      So more points gained the more...............

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:14:42 PM »

As i understand the dealerships are merited on a points system, how that works i am not sure but i guess points are awarded for sales performance/ after sales/ goegraphical area  etc etc      So more points gained the more...............

Marketing 101...Sell More , Get More...
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »

I ask my local Dealership this very question and this is what he said. HD puts major stock into the 18 months survey that they sent out. The Dealerships put in a request for the bike they want and HD decides what they get. He also told me that some dealers are willing to pay the customers for that survey to fill out for themselves. But like Ultra2010 said and my dealer (small) this is the only one they would get too. Me and Ultra2010 have the same bad ass bikes.

Chris  8)  
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 25 queries.