Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tracking And Location Device  (Read 858 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Tracking And Location Device
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »

Looking to install something on the bike so I can be found
if I run off the road some where. Anyone got a clue who would have a good gps tracker to mount on the bike ?

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
Re: Tracking And Location Device
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »

These are gaining popularity in the LD riding community

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:18:45 PM »

Thanks Crusty I`ll check it out.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 12:08:24 AM »

Here is something interesting. My company recently isued every employee a new Sprint phone, almost 200 phones in total. Last week i get a call from a supervising coworker,, laughing his ass off.. He ask me,, "are you running from the cop's?". I say, whats you talk-en bout.. He continues " why are you speeding at 86 mph in a 65 mph zone on 505 near Esparto, and why are your taking the Road 25 off ramp?" I'm thinking he is behind me, so i pull off the dirt shoulder on the Road 25 off ramp, and say "o.k. Ken whats up,, where you at. He says I'm in Rocklin sitting my desk tracking your ass. Now what.. YES,, he was definitely tracking my ass at his desk on his computer. It turns out Sprint now has a new service for large business. If you subscribe to this, they give you software that allows you tor track anyone on the service. The tracking systems actually puts a moving dot on a Geo map logging employees where they've been, where they are , their travel speed and if your getting a 'blow job..  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Not really on the last, but I'm dead serious on everything else. You can set the software to throw alarms if someone is speeding at a predetermine setting, or if someone travels outside a boundary.. Damn.. I'm sure glad I'm in management and have good jokster friends at work.. This tracking stuff is getting scary.. Good in one aspect but damn scary in another aspect..  :confused5: :confused5: :confused5: I'm not sure if this stuff is available for for every Sprint customer, or it may not be worth it for a single user. If you are after trackin, this may be your ticket, but persoaly i dont like this chit.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 12:29:10 AM »

Here is something interesting. My company recently isued every employee a new Sprint phone, almost 200 phones in total. Last week i get a call from a supervising coworker,, laughing his ass off.. He ask me,, "are you running from the cop's?". I say, whats you talk-en bout.. He continues " why are you speeding at 86 mph in a 65 mph zone on 505 near Esparto, and why are your taking the Road 25 off ramp?" I'm thinking he is behind me, so i pull off the dirt shoulder on the Road 25 off ramp, and say "o.k. Ken whats up,, where you at. He says I'm in Rocklin sitting my desk tracking your ass. Now what.. YES,, he was definitely tracking my ass at his desk on his computer. It turns out Sprint now has a new service for large business. If you subscribe to this, they give you software that allows you tor track anyone on the service. The tracking systems actually puts a moving dot on a Geo map logging employees where they've been, where they are , their travel speed and if your getting a 'blow job..  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Not really on the last, but I'm dead serious on everything else. You can set the software to throw alarms if someone is speeding at a predetermine setting, or if someone travels outside a boundary.. Damn.. I'm sure glad I'm in management and have good jokster friends at work.. This tracking stuff is getting scary.. Good in one aspect but damn scary in another aspect..  :confused5: :confused5: :confused5: I'm not sure if this stuff is available for for every Sprint customer, or it may not be worth it for a single user. If you are after trackin, this may be your ticket, but persoaly i dont like this chit.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Defintitely some scary big brother chit out there... like the car rental companies putting trackers on your car and charging you for speeding, a violation of their ToS.

Should be a feature to disable the signal on your phone... unless the company mandates it... which could make things pretty tough on folks stopping by the house/bar/walmart/local brothal on company time, speeding, and all that...

You can also get these programs for your car to keep an eye on your kids... tracks same chit, speeds, boundaries, locations...

scary!

Wanna ride

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 12:39:39 AM »

Man... this just sounds borderline illegal. Or at least in violation of your rights.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »

sounds like big bother has big eyes!! i was thinking if you call 911 from your cell they can verify your location
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:11:00 PM by smkymtnboy »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 11:25:57 PM »

Two years ago a Highway Patrolman was shot and killed by someone he pulled over on a country road near Winters, Ca. A witness to the shooting got a license plate number of the vehicle. They then got the guys name, his cell phone number and tracked his location via his cell phone ping off nearby cell towers to a hotel in Rocklin and quickly arrested him within 6 hours after the murder. So i would say Mr. Goverment can track your cell location by merely knowing your cell number and more then likely a court order to do so.. I remember reading the news article back then stating if the suspect turned his cell phone off, they would not have been able to track him....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:19:17 AM by sportygordy »

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.