Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: more warranty questions  (Read 1021 times)

skyman

more warranty questions
« on: October 09, 2009, 01:39:24 PM »

I have an 06 SE Ultra in Autumn Haze.   The paint has started to peel under the windshield.  The snapes have broke on the glove box cover and my seat has pulled back almost 2 inches from the tank console.   Has anyone had problems getting these types issues covered under the extended warranty?   Should I call the moco first or just go straight to the dealer?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: more warranty questions
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 04:12:18 PM »

I have an 06 SE Ultra in Autumn Haze.   The paint has started to peel under the windshield.  The snapes have broke on the glove box cover and my seat has pulled back almost 2 inches from the tank console.   Has anyone had problems getting these types issues covered under the extended warranty?   Should I call the moco first or just go straight to the dealer?

I don't think the Extended Service Plan covers paint or other cosmetic problems.  You will need to check the paperwork that came with your ESP for details on what is and what isn't covered, and for the name and number of the administrator.  H-D isn't the administrator of the plan.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:35:16 PM »

Read the fine print, Unless your contract has different coverage then the ones ive seen, None of those items is covered, your dealer could do a good faith coverage of sorts but don't hold your breath.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »

I am in agreement, I don't think your covered for these issues.
Read your plan.

I would probably upgrade the seat, or send it to someone for repair, I would do the same with the Batwing.

May cost a bit, but it will save the the headaches of thinking your covered.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.