Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Dual Element Headlight Question  (Read 11567 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Dual Element Headlight Question
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2009, 09:07:58 PM »

2lane,

do you have any links for these other aftermarket hid lights?? i'd like to comparision shop before i buy.

tia :2vrolijk_21:

try these  :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.xtralights.com/

http://www.xenonlink.com/

kurtlange

• Full CVO Member
  • chrome me
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »

thank you  :)

REGGAB

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »

The one you've got must be energized something like how the HD branded part is wired.  They need a homerun to A+ also.  All the other aftermarket installs I've done didn't though.  Just energized by the headlight feeds.  Nice and simple.  Done a half dozen or so from different manufacturers and all the same way.  A fair bit easier.

Also never did an H4 HID install in a Road King nacelle.  A couple of Road Kings but both got the dual element housing also.  One extra ballast to hide inside the nacelle.  But no hassle with no room for the long bulb sticking out the rear.

Just observing during mock up, and noticing the magnetic behavior of the back of the bulb, appears H4 HI/LO is achieved with a solenoid.  I can fit the ballast in the nacelle, but the circuitry is going to have to be mounted elsewhere, like in the area in front of the battery.  This'll be a job.

Supposed to be nice here this weekend, so it might not get done until later.  No hurries.  I can always wait until winter and put the Purple Bike bike to stock in about 10 minutes, but what the heck.......Green is waiting.   :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »

Never could leave well enough alone. :huepfenlol2:

Seriously, just another mock-up, this time with the longer of the two ballast harnesses to make sure it works as well as ballast and igniter in place in the nacelle.  Just have to lengthen the harness leading to the stock bulb connector by 18", shorten the power and ground leads, run the harnesses under the tank and into the nacelle, mount the circuit box to the frame in front of the battery, and it'll be done.  But before I do any cutting and splicing, I need to get the machine off the Handy Lift and onto the J&S jack and check the neck swing and see if the back of the bulb will contact the steering neck anywhere.

So far so good.  Better than last night.  We'll see how it goes.

kurtlange

• Full CVO Member
  • chrome me
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 06:59:11 AM »

looks good. what "k" did you get??

REGGAB

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 08:37:10 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.