Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Using 2005 Tour Pak with quick disconnect on 2009 frame  (Read 2955 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Using 2005 Tour Pak with quick disconnect on 2009 frame
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 10:06:29 PM »

Mike, where the hardware goes through the mounting plate is an area that appears to have separation between the plate and tour pak.  If so is there some kind of spacer used to fill the gap between the detachable mount plate and the tour pak?

There is a 1/2" gap between the mounting plate and the box bottom. There is a 1/2" molded ridge on the bottom of the box that will not allow it to sit flat on the plate, unless you move the ridge back past the end of the mounting plate.
That puts the box back too far and looks awkward.
We elected to just raise the box, and move it forward. I put 20mil tape on the ridge where it rests on the mounting plate, just to protect the paint.
I hope this helps a bit.
HOGMIKE

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Using 2005 Tour Pak with quick disconnect on 2009 frame
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 11:47:43 PM »

Hogmike,
Thanks for posting all those pictures.  On further reflection I think my tour pak is a 2006 with the newer mounting plate in the box which still does not align with the 2009 rack.  In any event the pictures certainly show the correct mounting position in the fore aft plain and I thank you again for that.
Greg
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.