Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: race tuner vs power commander  (Read 3236 times)

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
race tuner vs power commander
« on: November 05, 2004, 07:30:27 AM »

I have a stock 01' SERG except for vance and hine slip on's.  Do not plan on doing much to the bike at all but would like a little more performance than stock. Would like to know what is a good choice to go with. A Race Tuner or Power Commander?

Also, Is there a good shop in Michigan that knows what they are doing

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
Re: race tuner vs power commander
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 11:09:30 AM »

I have a stock 01' SERG except for vance and hine slip on's.
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 11:40:58 PM »

Hey dakota ! congrats on finding an fltrsei2 .
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 11:50:28 PM by booboosboss »

dakota

• Junior CVO Member
  • Finally!!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 11:14:54 AM »

Hey thanks. Good suggestions in both e-mails and appreciate the advice from anyone. yes I finally found a COMPLETE SEERG.

There were a couple of upset sellers out there once I talked to them after they realized they did not have what they were suppose to have because dealerships were not giving the complete screaming eagle packages. Also, another thing I learned is not to buy a used SE from a dealer as they will be missing parts the bike is suppose to have. Not one dealership out of 12 I called across this country had what the bike was suppose to come with. A dealership in Northern Atlanta had the excuse of not having control over their salesmen on trade in's and that is why bikes are missing parts. But they still want top dollar for the bikes. Anyway, let the buyer beware and do your research on even new bikes to make sure you are getting what you are suppose to as there are dishonest Harley dealerships out there. I know, it's hard to believe. [smiley=laugh.gif]

wldct2

• MD

• CVO1: 200O FLTRSEI
    • CVO2: 2001 FLTRSEI
    • CVO3: ‘95 FXR, ‘02 FLH + Sidecar; ‘02 FXSTDI; ‘14 FLHTK
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »

dakaota,

Did you go with a PC or a race tuner? I just purchased a used SERG and need to do some tuning work. Any help would be appreciated. My set up is similar to yours posted.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »

dakaota,

Did you go with a PC or a race tuner? I just purchased a used SERG and need to do some tuning work. Any help would be appreciated. My set up is similar to yours posted.

Your followup is to a question asked back in 2004.  He's probably not current anymore.  As to Power Commander or SERT or SSERT or DTT or Mastertune or whatever; you're putting the cart before the horse by picking the device before picking the tuner.

Find the best tuner in whatever radius you're willing to travel to get the tune done.  Then ask him which tuning device he prefers.  You're paying this guy to use whichever device is used to do the tune.  So you get whichever he works with.

Clarkem54

• CVO1: 2009 CVO FLTRSE3 Screaming Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 12:44:43 PM »

I have a 2009 SERG3 and had V & H true duels with Rinehart slip on’s installed with the Harley race tuner and could not be happier, the bike screams!

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.