Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just Ordered My 2011 Red Convertible  (Read 1453 times)

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
Just Ordered My 2011 Red Convertible
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »

Hi Everyone. I'm new here, though I've been looking at this forum for the last few weeks. I've just taken the plunge and placed the order for my 2011 Red CVO Convertible, PX'ing my 2007 Heritage. I love the Heritage, but with 50,000 mile on it in 4 years I thought it was time for a change. According to the dealer I'll take delivery within the month.

Any advice on the following extras would be much appreciated as the dealer does not seem to knowledgeable on the CVO options:-

(1)  Type of front engine bars. I'm thinking about going for the moustache ones.
(2)  The best rack to use
(3)  Passing lights. A pic of the actual bracket required would be great as well as part numbers for the lights etc..
(4)  Decorative LED lighting options
(5)  Fitting of tool boxes. These were really useful on the Heritage for locking away things like sat navs.

I'm also planning to put flush fitting fuel cap & gauges.

Can't wait to take delivery and ride it.

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
Re: Just Ordered My 2011 Red Convertible
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 05:51:06 PM »

Welcome to the club:
Mustache bar is the only good looking engine guard for the convertible.
I put sidelamps on with a 7"headlamp (Looks great).The stock one(5")looked goofy with side lamps.

Paconico1992

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you have any pics of the bike with side lamps? I don't suppose you have any part numbers? Also did the 7" fit with the fairing?

Kevinski

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 and lovin' it
    • CVO2: FLSTSE2 and loved it but sold it
    • CVO3: FLHXSE Tequila (sold)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

Congrats Cliffy,

I think you will love the bike, not wildly different to a Heritage in terms of ride.

Cheers,

Kev

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »

The bike's at the dealer geting mods. done, so no pic's till I get it back.
I changed windshields also. The one that comes with the bike dosen't block the wind(just for looks). I went with Harley windshield #57141-05.
I'm also waiting on the flush mount gas caps, they are on back order through Harley until after April 1st.
The 7" headlamp part #67700033
If you go this route, need to put visors on headlamp & running lamps part #69733-05 & #69732-05. They look great on mine.
I also got rid of the saddlebags and had custom painted hardbags put on my 2010 Chrimson Convertible(looks great).

I'll post pic's when I get it back after April 1st.

Paconico1992

mbay

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 01:01:18 PM »

What are your thoughts on the fairing height? Does it block the wind well for you?

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »

Hi Everyone. I'm new here, though I've been looking at this forum for the last few weeks. I've just taken the plunge and placed the order for my 2011 Red CVO Convertible, PX'ing my 2007 Heritage. I love the Heritage, but with 50,000 mile on it in 4 years I thought it was time for a change. According to the dealer I'll take delivery within the month.

Any advice on the following extras would be much appreciated as the dealer does not seem to knowledgeable on the CVO options:-

(1)  Type of front engine bars. I'm thinking about going for the moustache ones.
(2)  The best rack to use
(3)  Passing lights. A pic of the actual bracket required would be great as well as part numbers for the lights etc..
(4)  Decorative LED lighting options
(5)  Fitting of tool boxes. These were really useful on the Heritage for locking away things like sat navs.

I'm also planning to put flush fitting fuel cap & gauges.

Can't wait to take delivery and ride it.

Welcome to the site  from Sunny Central Florida   :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »

What are your thoughts on the fairing height? Does it block the wind well for you?

mbay,

It is different for each rider but the consensus is that the stock windshield does not do a great job. There are 3rd party manufacturers that make taller and wider acrylic replacements such as 7jurock and CeeBailey (7jurock being the better of the two) that greatly improve coverage. The good thing about this option is you keep the stock lower section with the speakers and only replace the "glass". It's a very simple part swap. Some have replaced the windshield all together with a FatBoy windshield with good results. Check out the Convertible section of the forum for a lot of discussion on this.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »

Hi Everyone.

I pick my Scarlet Red bike up on the 9th April. Can't wait...... It'll come fitted with flush fuel caps, HD moustache bars, Air wing rack and chrome number plate surround.

I'm still keen on the tool boxes because I found them very useful on the Heritage. As for the screen height I'll give it a try. I have a short one on my Heritage, which I like, so I'm not sure the height will be a problem for me. I'm also keen to do something about the lights and lack of passing lights.

Really looking forward to taking it for a ride.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 11:16:51 PM »

gday cliffy
you will love this bike, just over 2500km on mine and its gettin better everyday, fitted the airwing rack a couple of weeks ago for a camping trip, thats it for my mods except for pipes and sept.
summer now over here , but plenty of ridin time still left....... no snow in melbourne

ALRG8TOR

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE granite denim & electric blue fade
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:36 AM »

Welcome to the site, enjoy the new ride!! :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.