Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: headlight adjustment  (Read 780 times)

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
headlight adjustment
« on: November 19, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »

hi i have a 2010 ultra classic cvo does anybody know how to adjust  the headlamp without taking off trim ring, dealer told me screwdriver, it does not seem to work i do not want to force it, owners manual says hex wrench, does that mean allen , and does anybody know what size allen, when i put hi-beam on it does not seam any brighter, so i am thinking it is aiming too high

Old Harley Dude

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE, Spiced Rum
Re: headlight adjustment
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 05:10:28 PM »

Might be talking about a Torx.  I ended up getting a Service Manual for my SESG

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: headlight adjustment
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:20:03 PM »

hi i have a 2010 ultra classic cvo does anybody know how to adjust  the headlamp without taking off trim ring, dealer told me screwdriver, it does not seem to work i do not want to force it, owners manual says hex wrench, does that mean allen , and does anybody know what size allen, when i put hi-beam on it does not seam any brighter, so i am thinking it is aiming too high

Its very easy. Take a phillips screwdriver and remove the one screw on the bottom of the trim ring. Remove trim ring. I suspect the light is pointing too low as that's how most of them come from the factory.

After you remove the trim ring, you'll see 3 phillips screws around the perimeter of the light. These are used to replace the bulb. Ignore them if all you want to do is adjust the bulb.

You'll also see 3 allen screws. one a 12 o'clock, 1 at 3 o'clock and 1 at 9 o'clock. Don't touch the one's at 3 and 9 o'clock if you're satisfied that the headlight is centered on the road.

If you want to raise the beam on the road, just use an allen wrench on the 12 o'clock screw (I forget which size). Turn the allen 1 full turn inward. This should raise the beam.

Reinstall trim ring with phillips screw and take it for a ride to see if the placement of the beam is to your preference.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.