Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: best cam in CVO Ultra  (Read 2398 times)

jiml

• Junior CVO Member
best cam in CVO Ultra
« on: January 01, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »

looking for input on a cam 09 Ultra, stock pipes with fulsac 21/4 baffles and cat removed heavy breather a/c hd tuner adding a cam and 58mm throttle body. any suggestions on a cam mostly looking for lowend power. I told my dealer i wanted to burn the tire in 1 and 2  i think he is still laughing :).
thanks

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: best cam in CVO Ultra
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:37:09 PM »

If your looking for the most on the bottom end then leave the 255 cams in there, I do not think there are any "bolt in" cams you would put in that would have more bottom end torque. The problem with them is they fall off early. There are lots of threads on cams here, Wood TW7H, Fueling 574, and the Andrews 54 are all decent choices for bolt in application that will carry the torque out further. All of these will benefit with a bump in compression. If your looking at going into the engine and doing head work then the options almost become endless.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 01:49:20 PM »

If your looking for the most on the bottom end then leave the 255 cams in there, I do not think there are any "bolt in" cams you would put in that would have more bottom end torque. The problem with them is they fall off early. There are lots of threads on cams here, Wood TW7H, Fueling 574, and the Andrews 54 are all decent choices for bolt in application that will carry the torque out further. All of these will benefit with a bump in compression. If your looking at going into the engine and doing head work then the options almost become endless.
:2vrolijk_21:

Jim, I think you are right on.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

dave29

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:19:08 PM »

Ask Steve Fullsac.

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 04:48:28 PM »

My motorman is working on custom grind drop in cams .First set worked good second set due in for testing any day.These have cooled motor down .   I will keep you updated.    jdo

Ed45

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »

My motorman is working on custom grind drop in cams .First set worked good second set due in for testing any day.These have cooled motor down .   I will keep you updated.    jdo
I will be watching this thread for your results. All ready to install AC, SERT V&H Power Duals and SE 259e cam on 2010 cvo Ultra. Your advice is valued and appreciated. Ed

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.