Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: picked up my bike 5 days ago and back to the dealer.  (Read 2822 times)

yellowted

picked up my bike 5 days ago and back to the dealer.
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:59:44 PM »

i just took my 07 fxdse to the dealer for an extended warranty oil fix #2.  i brought the bike home on a rainy day last week.  upon looking it over i noticed some oil puddles behind the rear jug that was just fixed and just wrought it off as poor work and no time in the parts cleaner.  i started it and let it run for 10 minutes or so and all seemed fine.  i also noticed the tech left the tip of his ball ended allen wrench in one of the bolts holding on my se heavy breather, this should have been a sign.  well today because here in the philly area the weather hit the 70 degree mark and it was the first beautiful day since i brought her home.  a buddy and i went for a 7 mile ride the gas station and figured i would take a look.  all i can say is i dropped off the bike for a seep from the bottom of the rear cylinder and today if i had my wife sitting behind me her right leg would have been soaked with oil.  looked like it was spewing from the head gasket now.  to shorten the story i called the dealer where the work was done and dropped it off with the parts guy because sunday is a day off for the service writers.  i will wait till tomorrow to hear the story.  sorry for the rant but this makes trip 3 for my oil leak counting the recall.

andrew
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: picked up my bike 5 days ago and back to the dealer.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »

The tech snapped the end off his allen wrench?
What kind of torque is needed on a heavy breather anyway?
Sorry for you trouble, it does make you crazy at times.
What county are you from? Mont, Chester, Delaware or Bucks?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

yellowted

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »

i'm in west chester.  i have the end of the allen which i had to hit with a fine tipped punch and magnet to get it out.  i WILL hand it to the service guy when i pick my bike up.

andrew
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:07:10 PM »

You must be dealing with  Cxxxx Fxxx HD / Hxxxxxx?
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

yellowted

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 10:28:41 PM »

ding ding ding...

i originally felt great after the first two visits.  the dealer did inspection and oil the first time and a recall on just the head gasket the second time.  i thought i was happy with them but i would say i now have little faith.  i am somewhat mechanical with plenty of tools and skills with cars.  i feel the only time i wil let a dealer touch a vehicle of mine is in warranty and thats it.  i am willing to give 2 more years of chances on the bike to the dealer, just to exclusive to one that has less skill than me.  i would assume you visint your dealer is off of 422??  i hear horrors about many dealers around us.

andrew
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 10:35:24 PM »

Montco is the closest, but I use Smaltzes, 

I have had my ups and downs, but we are running good right now. I am happiest when I do not have to visit them.

Formally FLHTCUSE3

yellowted

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »

i got the bike back tonight and so far it's not leaking.  the service writer said over the phone that the head gasket split.  the repair order only says that the pushrod o-ring didn't seat properly.  either way it seems fine.  too bad the temps are dropping and more rain is on it's way to the east coast so i won't have much time to log some miles before the frost.

andrew
2007 fxdse
2011 flhtc

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 09:06:47 AM »

Montco is the closest, but I use Smaltzes, 

I have had my ups and downs, but we are running good right now. I am happiest when I do not have to visit them.

Ditto.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »

i got the bike back tonight and so far it's not leaking.  the service writer said over the phone that the head gasket split.  the repair order only says that the pushrod o-ring didn't seat properly.  either way it seems fine.  too bad the temps are dropping and more rain is on it's way to the east coast so i won't have much time to log some miles before the frost.

andrew
O-ring prolly wasn't installed properly. Time for a new dealer, good luck to you.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 08:47:05 AM »

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 10:05:48 AM »

That's why I can't imagine buying a newer CVO than my 08 SEUC. It has taken two years to get the bike running correctly and a million trips to Harley for so many little things. I have a Love/Hate relationship with Harley!!  :nixweiss:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.