Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Possible SERK3/4 Tire Option? Pirelli Night Dragons!  (Read 2723 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Another Possible SERK3/4 Tire Option? Pirelli Night Dragons!
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:50:20 PM »

Pirelli Night Dragon Tires! They don't come in our size, but will they work/fit?

Standard SERK3/4 sizes:
F: 130/70 R-18 M/C 63H TL
R: 170/60 R-17 M/C 78V REINFTL

Pirelli Night Dragon available sizes (1 size over F&R to the SERK size)
F: 140/70 B-18 REINFTL 73H
R: 180/60 B-17 REINFTL 81H

These are BIAS ply tires instead of radials. They're 1 size over too, and much higher weight rating! Will this large size fit our rims and fit within the fenders without rubbing anything? If so, this could be the replacement we were looking for and can finally try something besides these radials we're stuck with right now. Anyone got any answers?

Pirelli Night Dragon Tire Review

Hoist! :coolblue:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:03:08 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Re: Another Possible SERK3/4 Tire Option? Pirelli Night Dragons!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 09:17:11 PM »

looks like a nice option, I think clling for more info we could find out if they fit       Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 12:54:45 PM »

So what's the deal here? Anyone know if these 1 size over tires will fit inside our F&R fenders w/o hitting anything? I'd be OK mounting 1 size wider on these rims, as long as there's no impact on anything on the bike. I know Jerry doesn't recommend doing this. But 1 size should be fine, so long as it fits the bike OK. Anyone know if it'll fit w/o hitting anything? ???

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »

El Bumpo! :D

While setting up all my winter work, I'd like to figure out once and for all if I can fit these tires. Does anyone at all know if I can replace the 130F with a 140, and a 170R with a 180. Both have the same aspect ratios as the stock sizes. I already have a speedo recalibrator, so I'm not worried about the speedo. And I don't mind running 1 size over on the stock rims. But will the tire fit without hitting or rubbing is what I need to know. Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

$322 w/Free Shipping at Motorcycle Superstore! ;)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:01:11 PM by Hoist! »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »

I was looking for the tire's specs. Interesting how Google yields so much on these tires. But they don't appear on Pirelli's website at all! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 12:40:42 AM »

El Bumpo! :D

While setting up all my winter work, I'd like to figure out once and for all if I can fit these tires. Does anyone at all know if I can replace the 130F with a 140, and a 170R with a 180. Both have the same aspect ratios as the stock sizes. I already have a speedo recalibrator, so I'm not worried about the speedo. And I don't mind running 1 size over on the stock rims. But will the tire fit without hitting or rubbing is what I need to know. Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

$322 w/Free Shipping at Motorcycle Superstore! ;)

I can’t say one way or the other about fitment or clearance, but as long as you are performing other chassis modifications it may be best to take a pass on the tires for now. Consider swapping the tires after benchmarking the performance of your modified chassis.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 12:46:52 AM »

I can’t say one way or the other about fitment or clearance, but as long as you are performing other chassis modifications it may be best to take a pass on the tires for now. Consider swapping the tires after benchmarking the performance of your modified chassis.

Good advice dj! Any way of checking this for the future then? I'd still like to know if this is a viable option for my bike. Thanks man! :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 01:13:07 AM »

Telling Howie to be patient and wait....    :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 01:18:18 AM »

Good advice dj! Any way of checking this for the future then? I'd still like to know if this is a viable option for my bike. Thanks man! :2vrolijk_21:

It may be a safe bet that the fitment works with the OE wheels, but confirming that with Pirelli or one of their distributors shouldn’t be a huge deal.

Regarding clearance, H-D manufactures these machines to meet a European specification for clearance between the tire/wheel and chassis components. The European spec is generous and may give you the additional room that you need to run these tires.

Once you have the dimensions of the tires, checking the front for clearance should be fairly straight forward. Removing one of the rear shocks would allow you to easily bottom out the rear suspension in order to check for clearance at maximum suspension travel.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 09:49:29 AM »

It may be a safe bet that the fitment works with the OE wheels, but confirming that with Pirelli or one of their distributors shouldn’t be a huge deal.

Regarding clearance, H-D manufactures these machines to meet a European specification for clearance between the tire/wheel and chassis components. The European spec is generous and may give you the additional room that you need to run these tires.

Once you have the dimensions of the tires, checking the front for clearance should be fairly straight forward. Removing one of the rear shocks would allow you to easily bottom out the rear suspension in order to check for clearance at maximum suspension travel.

Thanks dj. Makes sense! I'll have to contact Pirelli to get the info on these tires. I can't seem to find it on their website. I'm also waiting to hear from Pharaoh and any others,  to see how they like em! Thanks again for the tips! :2vrolijk_21:

See Don, I can be patient too! (once a year!) :D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »

See Don, I can be patient too! (once a year!) :D

If you say so.  But if you 'splode and launch Hoist bits all over the house I'm not cleaing up the mess.

dragonass

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 06:40:28 PM »

I had a set on 07 ultra and thought they were great. I don't believe there a high milage tire but they are sticky, I traded the 07 for a 09 seuc and Will put the night dragons on it if their available.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 11:15:29 AM »

I had a set on 07 ultra and thought they were great. I don't believe there a high milage tire but they are sticky, I traded the 07 for a 09 seuc and Will put the night dragons on it if their available.

Thanks for the feedback on these tires. Now to confirm fit with the 1 size over F&R on a SERK 3/4! I'd love to try these things! ;)

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.