Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2006 FLHTCUSE navigation  (Read 1450 times)

ab8081

2006 FLHTCUSE navigation
« on: December 26, 2009, 10:36:18 PM »

I just purchased a used 2006 Screamin Eagle. The factory navigation doesn't work and I've been inquiring about what it takes to activate it. When I push the nav button, it says "nav not installed. See dealer". I was lead to believe that all Screamin Eagles were sold "navigation ready". could it be that I just need the CD?
I've heard everything from a simple $35.00 computer upgrade from the dealer, to just needing the $170.00 navigation cd to needing a $1000.00 module plus the cd installed. Is there a way to know exaclty what I need to get his system up and running. For a couple hundred, I'd probably do it but from what I've been told, the systems aren't that good. If that's the case, I'm not interested in anything expensive. Anone know for sure?
Thank you.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: 2006 FLHTCUSE navigation
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 12:25:56 AM »

The 06 SEUC came with the nav module installed and 2 Nav CD's. It is possible that the module was removed by the previous owner. You'll need to pull the outer fairing off and take a look at the back side of the radio. The nav module slides into the radio and there is an antenna connected to it. If your nor sure what to look for take a picture of it and post it here, we'll tell you if the module is installed.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:29:15 AM »

The 06 SEUC came with the nav module installed and 2 Nav CD's. It is possible that the module was removed by the previous owner. You'll need to pull the outer fairing off and take a look at the back side of the radio. The nav module slides into the radio and there is an antenna connected to it. If your nor sure what to look for take a picture of it and post it here, we'll tell you if the module is installed.

I have an 06 and mine did not come with the nav system.  I was told that it was an option.  I bought mine used and that is what they said.  I did not get any CD's,tools or CVO key.  I did how ever get the cover and the garage door opener.

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »

I have an 06 and mine did not come with the nav system.  I was told that it was an option.  I bought mine used and that is what they said.  I did not get any CD's,tools or CVO key.  I did how ever get the cover and the garage door opener.

Topper

No, it had it new.  Expensive replacement too.  Especially for a device with such comparably limited utility.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »

hmmmm. I will have to look into that. Thank You
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »

I have an 06 as well bought it used, now you have me wondering, I'll try the radio first then if nothing happens pull the fairing.  I have been wanting to do that anyhow.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 01:13:22 PM »

I have an 06 as well bought it used, now you have me wondering, I'll try the radio first then if nothing happens pull the fairing.  I have been wanting to do that anyhow.

Hit the Nav button, States Nav not Installed See dealer.  Went to my owners manual and it tells me it is an option see dealer.  So since they were not good anyway I guess it is one less item to worry about.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 04:23:24 PM »

I have a 2006 and bought it new. This model did NOT come with Nav already installed. It was offered as an option(had to buy a navgation disc and get radio programed) as well as the Bluetooth function as a seperate module. I think it was 2007 when the Nav was factory installed.
I just installed a Garmin and never regretted using Garmin vs. Harley GPS.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »

I have a 2006 and bought it new. This model did NOT come with Nav already installed. It was offered as an option(had to buy a navgation disc and get radio programed) as well as the Bluetooth function as a seperate module. I think it was 2007 when the Nav was factory installed.
I just installed a Garmin and never regretted using Garmin vs. Harley GPS.

Right you are, the '07 did come with the Nav installed.  My '06 did not have the Nav unit installed, XM yes, but Nav no.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »

You are EXACTLY correct, the 2006 did NOT come with navigation stock on this bike, it was offered as an option. I bought mine new in 2005 (2006 model). I just traded the 2006 for an Amber 2010 SEUC which comes with navigation. I then added the Garmin Zumo which is ten times the unit that Harley has. If you are thinking of adding a navigation unit, I would not even concider the one H.D. sells.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:33:24 PM by 2harleys »

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.