Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black pipes  (Read 1513 times)

mrhaines7

Black pipes
« on: November 22, 2010, 05:04:48 AM »

Hi all i am getting a 2009 springer in cobalt blue and wondering if anyone has seen one dressed with a black exhaust.

What do you think is the best exhaust on these bikes ?

Post some pics if you have any.

Also where should i go for my TTS mastertune setup.

Cheers

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
Re: Black pipes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 09:38:21 AM »

I had the V & H Big Radius installed on my 2009 CVO Springer...there's a thread in this section that has pictures of exhausts...

napalm
napalm

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 06:08:16 AM »

Black exhaust on an 09 Springer? With all that chrome? Hmmmmmmm, Nah not for me. (IMHO)

BTW, is the bike ur getting the one i've seen on bikepoint?

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:24:56 AM »

Aside from the Chrome V Black, your choice of pipe will dictate the sound and power your bike will produce, choose carefully, and keep in mind future mods you may intend to do. I doubt you'd want an exhaust thats robbing you of power.

FWIW i am about to have the Bassani Pro Street pipes fitted to mine (amongst other things) , i believe you can get them in black, see P No Drag Specialties 1800 1085. Or go to Dennis Kirk and search pipes for the Rocker C. i got mine at m and m cycle - great to deal with.

mrhaines7

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »

Black exhaust on an 09 Springer? With all that chrome? Hmmmmmmm, Nah not for me. (IMHO)

BTW, is the bike ur getting the one i've seen on bikepoint?

I got mine from one of the members on this site after they saw my intro.

In the process of paying and then shipping to AUS now. Hope to see the bike in late january 2011

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.