Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HB Intake 08 SEUC(Mystery Part)  (Read 875 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
HB Intake 08 SEUC(Mystery Part)
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:24:39 AM »

Well the bike started running very erratically and hesitating but still ran but I decided to go to my local HD and what a surprise I had after sitting there 6 hours. I had numerous fault codes that referred to the throttle body and the fly by wire system. The tech finally took it for a ride and after he got 2 miles from Harley the bike failed hard. It would only start and immediately go to 4000 rpms and shutdown. Well after they went and fetched it with a truck
and brought it back they had no idea what was wrong except maybe wiring for the fly by wire. Well after about two hours the tech comes out and hands me a rubber sleeve that mounts between HB intake and throttle body. He asked me if I had a special need for this sleeve in my throttle body??? I asked him how the hell did that get sucked into my throttle body???? The tech had no answer and know one at Harley had an answer. It was a big mystery!! Well thank God they had a HB Kit on the floor and they took the sleeve out of the kit and installed it where the rubber one was and he told me that Harley had now switched over to ABS Plastic on the sleeve and that it wont ever get sucked into my throttle body. Well after my love/hate day at Harley Kasper runs like a champ and its back to riding!! :2vrolijk_21:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 25 queries.