Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Harley Hammock Heated Seat  (Read 11657 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Harley Hammock Heated Seat
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »

Yea....pull the seat off and you'll see...it's easy.  Take three nuts/bolts off and move it wherever you want it.  Mine came in the second hole, moved it to the first, now moved it back again.  The bars on the SERGU seem to come back a little further.

Terry,
I found that there was less room between the back of the driver backrest and the tour pak on my SERGU than there was on my 07 also.  But the George Anderson Tour Pack relocation bracket solves all of those issues.  My wife loves the extra room the extra 2" the bracket gives.  The new backrest on tour pack with the lumbar support sticks out a lot farther than the old backrest did.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 10:16:38 AM »

The lumbar on the passenger backrest takes up a lot of the fore/aft room as compared to previous bikes.  IMO the Geo Anderson relo kit is a requirement on these bikes.  I have several friends whose BSRs are quite small yet complained about the lack of space on the back.  Relo kit solves the problem.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »

Charlie/Jerry...I thought that was the case, just from memory.  The Lumbar support is nice, but it does take up some space.  Judi is small, at 5'3",  but I am concerned a bit about the space for her...the thing is, she has nothing to compare to, so doesn't know any better.  After this trip, we'll see how she feels about it.  I think another inch would do the trick though, so may look into George's kit after Ribfest.  Jerry...perhaps she could sit on your bike and see how she likes it...like I said, she doesn't know any better, and says she's "fine" back there, but I do want her to be comfortable so that she will learn to love riding, which is already happening.  But, we've not run in rain, cold, 95 degree days, etc, so the jury may still be out and I just don't know it   ;)

Thanks!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Island Dude

• Island Dude

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 09:58:35 PM »

Problem with less room is in the placement of the AMP for the radio MOCO can't locate TP back far enough. If you look at the bottom of TP there two channels that run across the bottom to TP they are in front of the rear bar of mounting bracket and will not move rear of bracket.  The Anderson relocation will allow the room you are looking for.
2010 XL1200X
2008 FLHTCU ANV
2004 FXD

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 10:29:27 PM »

I love the new seat, first time I will not have to purchase 5 more to get the rite one.  :bananarock:
Now lets see how long it lasts since I am 6'4 and over 300 tiny little pounds. :'(

Did have to relocate the tour pack for BSR fitment.
My wife is more average size then myself and she found way less room then my past touring bikes.
The Anderson kit solved the problem.
How I just loooooooooove buying extra crap to make things fit.
First it was cloths, now its my bikes!!!   HA HA
Dave

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 08:24:51 PM »

Terry,
I found that there was less room between the back of the driver backrest and the tour pak on my SERGU than there was on my 07 also.  But the George Anderson Tour Pack relocation bracket solves all of those issues.  My wife loves the extra room the extra 2" the bracket gives.  The new backrest on tour pack with the lumbar support sticks out a lot farther than the old backrest did.

:devil:

Well...did the Ribfest ride.  Judi is getting sore, for lack of a better term, on her two butt bones, not her tailbone.  I moved the Lumbar support down to it's lowest position, which is good for her back, but of course pushes her further up.  I am going to order the Andersen relocation plate and move her back a bit to see if the pressure points on her butt change, which will also allow me to change the position of her floorboards, which may help her change her foot/leg position to change the support points on her butt/thighs.  The seat, for me, is comfortable so far.  I've never been one to go more than about 150 miles without a break...my '06 had a 5 gallon tank, so that interval worked out well...I'll never use the extra gallon on the '11, as I'm still finding that I feel a need to get off my butt every 100-150 miles, stretch my legs, and give my butt a rest.

George will be getting a call from me this week...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 10:42:05 PM »

Does anyone have this seat? How does it compare to the Mustang or Corbin? HD says most comfortable seat made, sales hype or fact?

My 2011 has the hammock seat.  I love it.  It matches my underwear. (Just kidding)!
More comfortable by far than the 09 UC seat.  More comfortable than the Mustang seat too.

Kind of off topic, but:
This is my 4th Harley, I have to say that overall it is a much nicer machine than the others have been.
Not just the bling factor, either.  It just seems to have better craftsmanship/engineering overall.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.