Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 1515 times)

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
First Impressions
« on: October 12, 2009, 01:15:31 PM »

Only got to put 150 miles on her yesterday...Compared to the 08 Ultra, well there is no comaprison!  Didn't get a chance to do anything heavy, want to scuff the tires up and get a few miles first.  Fit and finish are fantastic (rained all weekend so I got the chance to go over every sq inch).  Paint is show quality..that new frame/rear end/suspension etc will be sweet if the 150 miles are ANY indication.  I felt no need to think about upgrades ie stage one, mufflers etc. (YET!), I was very disappointed that the map set with the on board GPS was dated May 2007, (been on the phone and to dealer both and it seems this is the most current version available, BOOO).  Also disappointed that the mic/speaker set for helmet was an obsolete part # instead of the brand new "BOOM mic set as featured in the parts book, got that fixed this mornin'.  Will SOON upgrade to the new J&M speakers for a little extra sumthin in the tune dept.  All in all, I'm still walkin around with a big ol' chubby and an ear to ear grin!
Ride safe
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 01:20:18 PM »

Only got to put 150 miles on her yesterday...Compared to the 08 Ultra, well there is no comaprison!  Didn't get a chance to do anything heavy, want to scuff the tires up and get a few miles first.  Fit and finish are fantastic (rained all weekend so I got the chance to go over every sq inch).  Paint is show quality..that new frame/rear end/suspension etc will be sweet if the 150 miles are ANY indication.  I felt no need to think about upgrades ie stage one, mufflers etc. (YET!), I was very disappointed that the map set with the on board GPS was dated May 2007, (been on the phone and to dealer both and it seems this is the most current version available, BOOO).  Also disappointed that the mic/speaker set for helmet was an obsolete part # instead of the brand new "BOOM mic set as featured in the parts book, got that fixed this mornin'.  Will SOON upgrade to the new J&M speakers for a little extra sumthin in the tune dept.  All in all, I'm still walkin around with a big ol' chubby and an ear to ear grin!
Ride safe

Good to hear, I guess if we can say the bad things about Harley, It's nice to know there is something good !!!!

Congrates
 Ride safe

Marty
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:29:46 AM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:22:11 PM »

Glad you are happy with your new bike but sorry for guys like me with older bikes that still think they are ok until you read reports like yours and others who say how good the 09's and up are.     :cherry:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »

congrats on the bike. nice to hear you are happy with the scoot.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 04:19:51 AM »

Great looking bike, Congrats and ride safe.  :mango:
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »

Congrats on the new bike - I just got my Blue/Titanium SEUC last month.  My impressions mirror yours.  This is probably the nicest bike I have ever seen and certainly the nicest I've owned.  Now, I know that exhaust note is a very subjective thing, but for a stock exhaust mine sounds incredible.  It kind of sounds like the police bike from hell - a very authoritative note indeed.  How does it sound to you? 

Ride safe and enjoy the new scoot!

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 05:30:53 PM »

my three wishes

1 that I didn't have 9 nice new shiney screws in my ankle
2 that I had the money for a new bike
3 Jessica Biel

Congrats on the new ride  :bananarock:

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 06:11:46 PM »

Congrats on the new bike - I just got my Blue/Titanium SEUC last month.  My impressions mirror yours.  This is probably the nicest bike I have ever seen and certainly the nicest I've owned.  Now, I know that exhaust note is a very subjective thing, but for a stock exhaust mine sounds incredible.  It kind of sounds like the police bike from hell - a very authoritative note indeed.  How does it sound to you? 

I'm waaayy past loud exhaust, we do a couple 5k trips a year and those 5-600 miles days get kinda hard on the ol ears.  I think this exhaust is louder and more deep than the Screamin Eagles and dual exhaust on the 08, I LIKE IT!  Just ordered new J&M speaker set for sound upgrade, put glove box doors and Kury ISO wings (instead of the little highway pegs) My wife's only complaint (except$$$) is her Kury fold down foot rests and ISO floor boards don't fit, we'll find somthin though.  Congrats on your new toy also!
Ride Safe,
Mike
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 06:51:13 PM »

my three wishes

1 that I didn't have 9 nice new shiney screws in my ankle
2 that I had the money for a new bike
3 Jessica Biel

Congrats on the new ride  :bananarock:

Ouch!  What's the rest of the story? 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »

Wish I had a good story to go with it. Slippery floor sat foot down alittle funny, rolled it over and shattered my fibula.
Had surgery last monday. I will to have to live through all of you and the TV for the next six weeks. I look forward to reading everyones posts. Everyone be careful out there

:drink: to all

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 08:37:12 PM »

Nice bike...............congrats

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 05:44:49 PM »

Congrats on the new scoot. Got m/ Blue / Silver one in mid September and have a little over 3,000 mile on it now with no problems at all. Ride safe!
Andy

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 11:34:34 AM »

I'm waaayy past loud exhaust, we do a couple 5k trips a year and those 5-600 miles days get kinda hard on the ol ears.  I think this exhaust is louder and more deep than the Screamin Eagles and dual exhaust on the 08, I LIKE IT!  Just ordered new J&M speaker set for sound upgrade, put glove box doors and Kury ISO wings (instead of the little highway pegs) My wife's only complaint (except$$$) is her Kury fold down foot rests and ISO floor boards don't fit, we'll find somthin though.  Congrats on your new toy also!
Ride Safe,
Mike
Yep, I'm not one for loud exhausts, either.  I think deep describes it best - or maybe basso profundo...  Anyway, I like it!  Rock on!  :bananarock:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 08:44:57 AM »

Congrats on the new bike - I just got my Blue/Titanium SEUC last month.  My impressions mirror yours.  This is probably the nicest bike I have ever seen and certainly the nicest I've owned.  Now, I know that exhaust note is a very subjective thing, but for a stock exhaust mine sounds incredible.   It kind of sounds like the police bike from hell - a very authoritative note indeed.  How does it sound to you? 

You're absolutely right.  Whatever sounds best for you, is the best exhaust to get.  I personally thought that the stock cans on both my 07 SEUC and my '10 SESG made them sound like Gold Wings running on two cylinders.  Just didn't have the HD "rumble" for me.  I replaced the SEUC with true duals and Vance and Hines Ovals.  Great sounding mufflers and a moderate increase in performance.  On the SESG, I just put Vance and Hines 4" Basic Slippons on and left the CAT in the collector.  The CAT knocks some of the volume of the V&H's but now the SESG has a nice HD "rumble" to it.  You have to go with what you like.  :)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.