Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Loud transmission in 06 in 4th gear...  (Read 1704 times)

Gator33

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Loud transmission in 06 in 4th gear...
« on: January 16, 2006, 05:06:52 PM »

I picked up my new bike about one month ago and got 35 miles before the engine blow.  All kinds of junk in it.  They replaced it no problem now that its back on the road the forth gear is making a loud noise.  Harley is telling me to live with it, all of them do it make that noise...  Any one have the same problem with the trans?

Gator33
 [smiley=worthless.gif]

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Loud transmission in 06 in 4th gear...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 05:16:33 PM »

Gator...I've had the opportunity to ride 4 or 5 '06's and none had a fourth gear noise.  I've never heard any noise in the '04's or '05"s either unless you really lug the engine down in one of the tall gears.  Only gear noise I've been familiar with was the early production 6 speed gear sets.  In my opinion, the dealer doesn't have the option to advise you to "live with it" on a new 35k bike.  It should look and perform like what you thought you were buying, a premium motorcylce.  If you can let us know what area you're in, maybe the group here can come up with some dealers that will take your problem seriously.

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 05:37:02 PM »

Gator-Stand out on the 75 service road on Saturday AM or right before the next chapter Dinner Ride with a big sign that  says  "Ask Me About the HD Factory Warranty Before You Buy!!!"   When he said you need to live with it, you should have said BITE ME.  I hope you got a NEW engine.  I think I know the dealer, but you should tell usl, let it all hang out .
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 06:12:10 PM »

Loud noise, no, but it does sound different than the other gears, but not bad.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 06:12:42 PM by FR8TRN »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 06:15:51 PM »

Did they say what happened to the motor to cause it to go? That pic looks pretty bad. Do you have the 6 speed? Some have reported noise with it.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 06:30:51 PM »

Gator, I just saw you a little while ago at the dealership.  Do you get anything resolved?  I would try taking it to the sister dealership, up north  on 35 and see if they have anything different to say.    I have good luck with their service department.  It should not be this way.  

Good Luck
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.