Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM Install  (Read 1317 times)

bobbyst66

XM Install
« on: May 27, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »

Just install xm to my 2010 SE Street Glide. I have a small problem everytime i turn on the bike the preset station wont appear i cycle through the band AM, FM, Weather, XM to get my preset stations to appear. Is there a quick fix to this problem that I'm not aware? Any suggestions will help. Thanks

HD4CPA

• Full CVO Member
Re: XM Install
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:18:22 PM »

Just install xm to my 2010 SE Street Glide. I have a small problem everytime i turn on the bike the preset station wont appear i cycle through the band AM, FM, Weather, XM to get my preset stations to appear. Is there a quick fix to this problem that I'm not aware? Any suggestions will help. Thanks

Sorry about problem.  I have it on mine and the presets appear.  Only issue would be if you don't have a signal when you turn stereo on (say in your garage).
Mods:
Vance & Hines Power Duals
Fullsac 2" baffles
TTS Mastertune
Integrated XM Stereo
Hogtune Speakers
Hog Pod
HID Lighting
C&C Solo Seat
1" Floorboard Extenders

bobbyst66

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 11:43:32 PM »

I don't think its a singal problem because when i turn on the bike the last station is displayed and music is playing.  Thanks for the reply.

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 12:32:05 AM »

I have the 2010 SE Ultra. The preset XM stations don't always appear on my display when I turn on the bike unless I make a make a change. Just figured it was suppose to be that way to eliminate clutter on the display.

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:20:12 AM »

You should have 3 sets of presets and they all should appear as you push the more(6) button to XM1,XM2,XM3. I would try to to reset the presets in an open area and if that doesn't wotk I would carry it back to the dealer.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »

The only display problem I have with XM is when I leave the radio on when I shut the bike off. Then the display gets screwed up when I turn the bike back on. I just have to remember to shut the radio off before shutting the bike off.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 10:25:59 AM »

Want to clarify something.  Are you saying the pre-programmed preset stations/channels that you can call up with the numbered buttons go away each time?  Or are you saying that the preset station you were last on is not returned to?

When first reading your question I was assuming the latter was your question.  If so it might be worth very closely checking the overlay audio harness and the connectors to the XM module.  I (vaguely) remember an unswitched power feed (think it was pink) from the radio harness through the overlay that powered the XM module for this.  Without that you'd lose the last station you were on each time you shut it down.  Might be worthwhile to check connectors and pins.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.