Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CD Stuck in radio  (Read 1036 times)

Gliderider

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2003 FLHRI (Pearl White)
    • CVO3: 2003 FLSTC (Pearl White)
CD Stuck in radio
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:42 PM »

First, let me thank everyone in the group for all of the help and tips that I have found here.

Now, I have an 06 melom cuse and I burned a CD from my computer. Put it in the slot, went in fine, now radio is stuck on an AM station, nothing cumming out of the speakers. Pushed the eject button, nothing. Pushed the on/off buttom, nothing. Unhooked waited several minutes re-hooked the battery, nothing.  Got no radio, no CD and the D#$m thing won't give me back my CD. Everything seems to be locked up.   Radio comes on fine but that's it, none of the buttons work.  Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
South Carolina, where the South really started !!!!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
Re: CD Stuck in radio
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 12:57:54 AM »

Radio sound will replace your unit with a refurb for $200 if I remember correctly (they originally supplied the radio's for H-D until 2006)but it pays to give them a call.  I had some problems with mine on my 2000 SERG and called Radio Sound,  John was the fellow I spoke with and he walked me through the "fix" right over the phone.(Great service) Give them a call and see what they can do for you.  1-800-367-4506 (ask for John)

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Gliderider

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:15:52 AM »

Thanks Marty, I'll give John a call. Thanks for the info.

Tommy

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 01:29:26 AM »

From the 2008 HD Electrical Diagnostic Manual for "Symptom 4 -- CD won't eject:"

"Remove MAXIFUSE
and wait five minutes.
Turn radio power on
and press eject button.
Does CD eject?"

If it ejects, great.  If it doesn't, the EDM says to replace the radio.  The 2006 EDM simply says to replace the radio if the CD doesn't eject WITHOUT any other test as provided in the 2008 EDM.

Give Iron Cross Audio a call.  They're experts and formerly worked in the HK Service facility:  http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

John, at Radio Sound, will tell you that the radio in your '06 bike was supplied to HD by Harman Kardon, not Radio Sound.  He's a great help for those with '05 and older models when Radio Sound was HD's vendor.  But I don't know how much he knows about his competitor's radios.

Carl

Gliderider

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »

:smilie_daumenneg: Well I guess I'm Screwed. Called John (Radio Sound) only deals with 05 and earlier.  Called Ironcross (John) he said this was common on early 06 models and that once it's locked there was nothing he could do. Said it was a software glitch. Said I had to take it to the dealer, chit.  John (ironcross) said they did have an exchange program, but it was up to the dealer. I got no idea that I will get anywhere with that. :toilet:

Oh well, thanks again to all who offered a solution. This is with out a doubt the greatest group anywhere.

Tommy

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.