Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It's all about Danner Boots (Narrow)  (Read 5481 times)

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
It's all about Danner Boots (Narrow)
« on: June 03, 2010, 03:13:18 PM »

Having a foot that measures 13.5 B has made it rather difficult to find boots that fit. I find Harley boots to be of low quality for the most part. Zippers break, insoles collapse and so forth as well as they don't offer narrow. My recent try was the HD Faded Glory that is the most painful boot I've ever had. Heel is too high and the insole has collapsed on the left boot. What a piece of crap.

So I ordered up 3 boots in a 14 narrow from BootBay...

Matterhorn
http://www.bootbay.com/bootbay/product.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=8435&pf_id=PAAAIAIOBAJLMMDO&px_id=&mscssid=9SAR31WFM6FD9P4J7AK5S5FEESHJ8LN4

Bates
http://www.bootbay.com/bootbay/product.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=3126&pf_id=PAAAIAHCHPHCCBID&px_id=&mscssid=9SAR31WFM6FD9P4J7AK5S5FEESHJ8LN4

Danner
http://www.bootbay.com/bootbay/product.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=3913&pf_id=PAAAAAKNBFJACIDN&px_id=&mscssid=9SAR31WFM6FD9P4J7AK5S5FEESHJ8LN4

Bates - I prefer a stitched sole so the Bates had one strike against them. However they are a very well made boot. The bates were the least comfortable to me with a firmer feel on the bottom of the foot and no lining of any sort. They do have a steel to so they are truly a safety boot that may or may not be a good design for riding. Winter would prove a colder experience with the Bates I would suspect. They are a good safety boot.

Matterhorn - This boot appears to me to be a very high quality riding boot. Excellent build quality and high tech linings. High quality laces and fast lace up design. A very comfortable boot from the moment you put it on. It runs slightly wider than the Danner and looks bulkier on the foot. It also runs slightly shorter than the Danner even though it is physically longer. This boot has a lot to offer as regards solid build and comfort for a foot width more closer to a C width not a true narrow B.

Danner (Acadia plain toe) - This boot runs the narrowest of the three. And to me it is more true to size. It is the first riding boot I've ever had on my narrow feet that truly felt like it was made for my foot. There is no break-in needed for these boots. However, if they increase in comfort with use then that's just icing on the cake. They are light on the foot but give no indication of cutting corners on quality or build. They "look" like the right size on my foot as my wife said. All top quality materials with thinsulate and Gor-tex. The uppers are part breathable mesh and leather. The Gor-Tex lining should ensure waterproof construction. The best of both worlds in my opinion.

They use regular eye hole lace up design which works but I would prefer the Matterhorn design if I had a choice. However, since the lace holes extend far down towards the toe area, the boot is easy on / easy off. The heel is slightly higher than the Matterhorns but the sole is also slightly higher so they both have a similar stance. The HD high heal and low sole of the Faded Glory is a painful combination and I will not wear that boot ever again.

Danner also offer a recondition program for later down the road and they've been in business since 1932. Their experience shows (and feels).

Both the Bates and the Matterhorn felt better with my Dr. Scholls gell insoles installed than they did without. They required the insole to fill the empty space in the boot but once in, felt very good. The Danner boot however fit the best without any insole. This boot feels like a custom fit. I was, and am still a bit amazed at the fit.

I'm very happy to be able to post this review with a successful recommendation for us frustrated narrow foot guys. If you have a narrow foot, or perhaps even if you don't, put Danner Acadia on your short list.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:38:24 PM by jesse111 »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: It's all about Danner Boots (Narrow)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:32:17 PM »

Danner makes good boots we get these - Danner Men's Uniform Boots at work. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 08:55:38 PM »

Danner Rules! Been wearing them for years for work and play. My feet will not tolerate anything less! Made in the U.S.A., at least the Acadia is, although they have a line of footwear made in that other place, they are also very good.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 09:30:16 PM »

I have had several pairs of Danner's. They are great boots but heavy and they are made in Portland Oregon. They are not American owned any more. But I do have to say they are very well made.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 26 queries.