Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ultra Classic Electra Valk  (Read 5314 times)

yourdozerman

• Junior CVO Member
  • I aint never had 2 much fun

• CVO1: 2004 pumpkin
    • CVO2: '65 glide
Re: Ultra Classic Electra Valk
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 10:24:56 PM »

rode my glide out west, from Kentucky to NM and Colorado with a friend of mine. He has a valk, pretty nice. Wouldn't mind havin one just to fart around on myself
Never forget the ones who have cleared the path for you.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 11:14:33 PM »

I liked that Rune model of the Valkyrie also.  Short lived though it was.  They offered a dark almost blood red version of that bike that I was a hair's breadth from back when they were on the floor.  Had ridden it three times at the Honda lot and was offered agreeable numbers.  It was quick and fast and it sounded great.  Just never quite pulled the trigger.  Very cool bike though.

Kinda like this?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:43:37 PM by Buy early »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 11:19:28 PM »

Here's the backstory, my best friend from college lives in Denver and owns 8 Hondas. I've talked about him on this forum before. He loaned a buddy of mine his Honda Fury chopper in August to ride to Sturgis while he rode one of his two Valkyries (he has a Valkyrie Interstate and a regular one) and his son rode his 1982 750 (a real classic). He also owns an early model Gold Wing, 2 CBX's and the Rune. He currently is trying to sell the Rune and the two CBX's. The Rune has less than 3K miles and was on consignment at a local Denver Honda store when I went out to Denver 2 weeks ago for a business meeting. Went out 2 days early so we could do a bit of riding. Told him I had to ride the Rune before he sold it so we went to the Honda store and I rode it out to Red Rocks and back. Quite a bike! It is a rolling piece of art and quite a machine! Here is a photo of Paul and his Rune:

In case anyone is interested, I think he is asking $16K. Bone stock except for some highway pegs. Meticulously maintained and ready to ride. They were around $30K new.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:33:55 PM by Buy early »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »

We left Saturday morning on the two Valkyries. After the Rune test drive we went up the back roads through Deckers and Buffalo Creek and then joined back up with 285. Took 285 out to Fairplay and Buena Vista and then took 24 up through Leadville and Minturn. I have two sisters that live up in the Vail valley so we spent the night there. Had a great dinner of elk steaks and wild mushrooms (the edible kind). Here's a shot at the Continental Divide:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »

Here's a shot of one of the neighbor kids on the Valkyrie Interstate. Paul rode that, I rode the basic Valkyrie. They are big and smooth and have plenty of power but they ain't Harleys. I always tell people that riding a Harley is a visceral experience. It's as much about the noise and vibration as it is about the power. Honda makes great bikes, as do BMW and Ducati, but a Harley is a unique experience. Plus, you get to spend thousands modifying a Harley and thousands more in upkeep.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:16:23 AM by Buy early »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 11:32:05 PM »

When we got to Vail, we found out that one of my sisters friends was putting on a car show in Vail Village that weekend. Loving anything to do with horsepower, we went into Vail Sunday morning for a look see. Here's my favorite prancing pony:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:16:48 AM by Buy early »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 11:34:23 PM »

Shot of some of the lesser iron out by the high speed quad:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 11:35:47 PM »

couple more prancing ponies. The black one had cow sh** along the running boards because the owner had driven it down from Steamboat Springs that morning. We hit the same sh** later that day when we rode up by Steamboat.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 11:42:08 PM »

We had two outstanding days of riding. Temps in the high 60's to low 80's depending on the altitude. Took 131 up to Steamboat from Vail and then 40 over to Kremling & Granby. Went up to Lake Granby for a late lunch and then back to Denver via 40 past Winter Park and on to I-70. Total trip was about 530 miles. What a way to prep for 2 days of business meetings!

Now that I've jacked this thread for a ride report (although I did provide the Rune and Valkyrie photos as requested) I will return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

View from my sister's home in Avon:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.