Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Vehicle Operations Medallion part number?  (Read 4603 times)

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
Custom Vehicle Operations Medallion part number?
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:16:20 PM »

Does anyone know the part number for the Custom Vehicle Operations medallion on the gas tank of the FLSTSE? and where you can purchase it?
Live To Win!

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Custom Vehicle Operations Medallion part number?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:07:57 AM »

From your dealer you will require a vin #
Hawg

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:19:10 AM »

In most cases because it is a CVO Moco will require the damaged part before they will give you another one. My front fender got damaged and the dealer would not release the new one until the old one was in house. We talked about why and they said any part that is CVO specific i.e painted parts and tank badges... it is mandatory. :nixweiss:

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 09:48:25 AM »

Kisscorky,

The part number for the medallion on the console is 53463-06

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 10:36:57 AM »

Mike

Can you buy the tank badge for a CVO? My dealer said you cant just buy one...they probably lied to me! :soapbox:

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »

Thanks Hawg, Newdep, and MikeV. Now that I have the parts number, other then going to the dealership, is there another website that could order a few of them for me?
Live To Win!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »

Thanks Hawg, Newdep, and MikeV. Now that I have the parts number, other then going to the dealership, is there another website that could order a few of them for me?

The "other websites" you'll likely order them from are Harley dealership sites (Chicago HD, LS HD, etc).  All will have the same corporately mandated VIN protection.  Not all parts require an old one to be turned in though.  And small things like emblems, even if the request is made by the dealer, can be worked around.  Sign a letter saying the adhesive must've been bad and it blew off going down the road.  I... um.... know of someone that has done that with an air cleaner emblem and a tour pak emblem when in fact he wanted spares for an older part before it went obsolete.

Ordering multiples will likely be a lost cause.  Most of those types of pieces seem to have a once-a-year limit even with a supplied VIN.  Harley actually does a decent job of protecting the cachet of our CVO bikes by not letting tons of parts loose for people to do knock-offs with.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 10:56:20 PM »

The "other websites" you'll likely order them from are Harley dealership sites (Chicago HD, LS HD, etc).  All will have the same corporately mandated VIN protection.  Not all parts require an old one to be turned in though.  And small things like emblems, even if the request is made by the dealer, can be worked around.  Sign a letter saying the adhesive must've been bad and it blew off going down the road.  I... um.... know of someone that has done that with an air cleaner emblem and a tour pak emblem when in fact he wanted spares for an older part before it went obsolete.

Ordering multiples will likely be a lost cause.  Most of those types of pieces seem to have a once-a-year limit even with a supplied VIN.  Harley actually does a decent job of protecting the cachet of our CVO bikes by not letting tons of parts loose for people to do knock-offs with.
I couldn't agree more.  :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 10:07:52 PM »

Okay, I want to put three more of the 53463-06 CVO Medallions on my bike. If you own a FLSTSE you have to order through your HD dealer and give your vin number. The medallions are around $12. Is anyone willing to order one for there bike and then mail to me. I will pay the cost of the medallion shipping to you from your dealer and shipping from you to me plus whatever you think is fair for your help. Hope some of you can help me out.

Kisscorky
Live To Win!

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 12:56:50 AM »

I got no takers on this one. I am determined to add these medallions on my bike. My wife said I am obsessed with this bike. Don't tell her, but she is right!
Live To Win!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 11:06:59 AM »

Okay, I want to put three more of the 53463-06 CVO Medallions on my bike. If you own a FLSTSE you have to order through your HD dealer and give your vin number. The medallions are around $12. Is anyone willing to order one for there bike and then mail to me. I will pay the cost of the medallion shipping to you from your dealer and shipping from you to me plus whatever you think is fair for your help. Hope some of you can help me out.

Kisscorky

While perhaps not likely to be needed there is a consideration here.  Many of those parts have a once annual limit that's monitored.  So if someone buys one for someone else then needs it themself they'd be without for awhile.

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 10:32:38 PM »

Twolanerider,

You are correct. HD only allows one medallion per year. You can order thru a dealer by giving your vin #. The medallion is around $12. If any FLSTSE owners was willing to purchase one I would pay them double what they paid. Just want to put a couple more on my bike.

Any takers?

Kisscorky
Live To Win!

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.