Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Handlebars Swapout for FLHTCUSE4  (Read 3587 times)

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
Handlebars Swapout for FLHTCUSE4
« on: March 21, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »

I am still pondering what type and style handlebars to install on my bike.  Been having a lot of back trouble the last few months and it is starting to stop my riding, and that's really getting hard to except, but if I don't make some changes to the bike,  I know that I will have to give it up.  I am going to start with the handlebars before I attack the seat.  Seems like I have to sit up in a leaning position with my arms fully extended to hold onto the handlebars, and I really feel that this is causing most of my back problems.  Anyway enough of that,  I am not sure how to do this,  I know that the handlebar swap out is very expensive and I am not sure what handlebar to go with and what would be the most comfortable.  what I am looking for is to get the handlebar back towards me a couple of inches and maybe even 1 inch higher,  not sure.  How does one determine what really would be comfortable and a wise choice without making a costly mistake.   Thanks for any input.

Jimmy
Jimmy

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
Re: Handlebars Swapout for FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »

I haven't changed mine, but are considering these:

https://www.kustombaggers.com/products/?id=183

I have heard some good reviews, but no first hand information.
Spada84
NoSofa!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 02:54:27 AM »

I am still pondering what type and style handlebars to install on my bike.  Been having a lot of back trouble the last few months and it is starting to stop my riding, and that's really getting hard to except, but if I don't make some changes to the bike,  I know that I will have to give it up.  I am going to start with the handlebars before I attack the seat.  Seems like I have to sit up in a leaning position with my arms fully extended to hold onto the handlebars, and I really feel that this is causing most of my back problems.  Anyway enough of that,  I am not sure how to do this,  I know that the handlebar swap out is very expensive and I am not sure what handlebar to go with and what would be the most comfortable.  what I am looking for is to get the handlebar back towards me a couple of inches and maybe even 1 inch higher,  not sure.  How does one determine what really would be comfortable and a wise choice without making a costly mistake.   Thanks for any input.

Jimmy

The only really foolproof method of finding the right bars is to head out to some bike nights and dealer parking lots and hope to find someone with the same bike and setup that you have, other than the bars, and see how those bars feel.  Also, make sure that your stock bars aren't pushed too far up and close to the fairing.  My friend's bars were setup that way and when I got on his, the first thing I asked him was how he reached his bars. 

Ultrajeb

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC (Red)
    • CVO2: 2007 Softail Custom
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra Classic (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 05:25:43 AM »

When I got my Bike, I felt as I was sitting on top of it instead of down into it. My wife also complained about the stock hard seat. I bought a stock seat that comes with the stock Ultra and like the feel of it much better. The handlebars seems to be in a confrontable postion. We have rode from Pensacola, FL to Sarasota, FL, 500 miles and believe we could have went another 200 miles after the change out. The seat worked for me. I am 6 foot.

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 12:10:24 PM »

I have had back problems most of my life and struggled finding the right seat/bar combination that would work for me. I ended up with the Chuby WO575 bars and a Mustang touring seat. I'm more comfortable on my bike now than in my GMC Yukon. A 500 mile day is not a big problem. I started with a Corbin touring seat that just did not work for me, the Mustang at half the cost was twice as good. I like the way they build the rear of the seat that gives great back support and helps me ride more upright. The bars also helped with a couple of inches less leaning forward. good luck.

Jim
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »

I have had back problems most of my life and struggled finding the right seat/bar combination that would work for me. I ended up with the Chuby WO575 bars and a Mustang touring seat. I'm more comfortable on my bike now than in my GMC Yukon. A 500 mile day is not a big problem. I started with a Corbin touring seat that just did not work for me, the Mustang at half the cost was twice as good. I like the way they build the rear of the seat that gives great back support and helps me ride more upright. The bars also helped with a couple of inches less leaning forward. good luck.

Jim

I have chubby 575 and a stock cvo 2010 ultra seat.

The handle bars are 2" higher, 2" back , 2" wider

The seat is about 2" lowwer (so I can touch both feet firmly on the ground)

Seems to work for me  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 03:55:27 PM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 09:36:02 PM »

after a lot of troubles on my last bike [a 2000 road glide] i put a police seat on it...

no more back problems

i have that seat on my current 07 ultra

to

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 05:04:14 PM »

Egultrac,

You say that the 08 CVO Seat will fit the 09 CVO.  Since these bikes have a different style frame,  did you have to make any modifications to the 08 CVO seat or 2009 bike for this seat to fit properly.  So in other words the 08 CVO seat fits the 09 bike without any problems or modifications ?

Thanx
Jimmy
Jimmy

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »

those wo575's are just right for me,,  Love 'em :2vrolijk_21:

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 FXDB-sold
    • CVO2: FLHRSE4-sold
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 03:16:57 PM »

No modifications are needed. The 2008, 2009, 2010 touring model seats are interchangeable, even with the frame change. It's the 2007 and older touring seats won't fit.    

Jerry    

Can you post some more pictures of the 2008 CVO seat you're referring too?  Does it have a stripe or anything like the 2009 CVO seat?  Does it accommodate the riders backrest as well?

Thanks

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »

I too have the WO 575s on my '07 cvo ultra.  Been on there so long I can't recall if I noticed that much pull back but they are definitely wider than stock.  No problem though - I like them and they way they look on the bike.

I'm just outside Memphis so if you're up this way you are most welcome to check it out on my bike.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »

The stock 09 Ultra seat is a bit better than my stock hammock seat on the 09 CVO Ultra, but the best seat I've ever ridden has to be the stock heated seat on the 08 CVO Ultra. My wife and I never get numb bums or a sore back. They fit the 2009/10 CVO Ultra, and look better too.    

Vin protected ? :nixweiss:

just me askin

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Techie0212

• 2008 CUSE3 Ultra Classic
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune / Arlen Ness A/C
    • CVO2: 2003 Road King Standard
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 06:24:33 PM »

NE-body have the HeliBar? It is on Facebook and the the parts are all adjustable for your posture ... jus asking ..

Aloha,
Techie
Techie0212
Air Force Reserves 0-5 20yrs (Retired)

2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune /Arlen Ness A/C

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »

NE-body have the HeliBar? It is on Facebook and the the parts are all adjustable for your posture ... jus asking ..

Aloha,
Techie

drop seat and helibars as requested

handle bars helibar horizons

If you think you want them after seeing what they look like installed check out this thread - HeliBars Horizon Bars for Harley Davidson Motorcycles Discount!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.