Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Somedays you just can't GIVE it away!  (Read 856 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Somedays you just can't GIVE it away!
« on: May 17, 2010, 10:12:04 PM »

And yesterday was one of those days.

A couple of months ago I was approached by the Willie Ross foundation to help out their "Old School Ride" at the Ventura County Fairgrounds to benefit autisim. Here is a link to it:

http://www.willieross.org/osr10.html

So I got together with Dominic Schriber from Expert Motorcycle Training and we set up a challenge course, rode demos and offered FREE tips and instruction to riders who did the challenge course. I even had a bike for them to ride if they didn't want to risk using theirs. Only 2 (TWO) riders did the course all day. It got so boring Dominic and I chased each other around the course back and forth. Then we had the Victor McLaglen Motorcycle Stunt Group run through the course as a team, and then we chased some of them around. My high point was chasing the "Derby Darlins" Roller Skating team through the course, the girls on eight wheels and me on two wheels. It's funny, just about ALL riders, especially those on Harleys say "I know how to ride", yet when offered a challenge course and free instructions, they back away like it's radioactive or something.

At the end of the day the Victor McLaglen group tried to recruit me.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
Re: Somedays you just can't GIVE it away!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:39:39 PM »

A course and you dont have to risk your own bike. To bad your not in Atlanta.  I've been riding for over 35 years and would have jumped at that chance. Never not a good thing to get in some practice and maybie learn a thing or three.

At least you were able to amuse yourselfs :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 26 queries.