Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM satellite on an 09 Road Glide  (Read 763 times)

SEsupply2

• Senior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
XM satellite on an 09 Road Glide
« on: May 22, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »

Has anyone put the Harley XM satellite on their Road Glide and had difficulty picking up a signal going 'SOUTH' but it works fine every other direction? I installed it along with J&M 7.25 speakers, J&M amp and the satellite and everything works great except for that occasional 'no signal' when traveling south with the XM.....I wasnt impressed with the location of the satellite antenna, which seems to hinder the singal getting to it.

BTW....everything is a real tight fit if you are installing all the above, especially since you have to use this HUGE wiring harness from Harley for the XM install, then to try and find a place to secure it out of the way of your headlights backing and being able to leave the hooks open that your inner fairing hooks on.....WOW......BUT in the long run, its an awesome sound compared to stock.....like everone else posts, its not a sound you can get in a car or truck but its alot better. Thanks
2018 FLTRXSE
Fullsac MX pipe and S&S MK45's
Corbin dual touring seat
SOUNDZ Amp, Iron 65 & Iron 57 speakers
HD king tourpak w/chopped backrest
Metalsport luggage rack
JH Choppers floorboards
Freedom windshield 13"
Ciro3d cupholders
Ohlins 159 shocks
Avon grips/pegs

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: XM satellite on an 09 Road Glide
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:37:10 AM »

I had the same problem.  The fix, sorry to tell you, is to take off the fairing and put the xm antenna outside where the windscreen meets the inner fairing.  Mine is in the middle and hardly noticeable.  Since I did it, reception perfect.  I can use it in my garage with the door closed as well.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.