Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trailering  (Read 1225 times)

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
trailering
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:52:11 PM »

My wife and I are going to be doing a lot of touring on this bike. I have been throwing around the idea of getting one of those little pull behind trailers for my SESG. My first question is, does anyone out there have a set up for this??  And how do you like it? Where did you get the trailer and the hitch for the bike?? How does it pull??  Single wheel or double wheel?? What kind Of stability issues do you run into with the single wheel (like the looks of this one) in hard cornering? And most importantly, does make the back of the bike look like s@#t??  Come on, let the advice and criticism start.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: trailering
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 01:01:39 PM »

My wife and I are going to be doing a lot of touring on this bike. I have been throwing around the idea of getting one of those little pull behind trailers for my SESG. My first question is, does anyone out there have a set up for this??  And how do you like it? Where did you get the trailer and the hitch for the bike?? How does it pull??  Single wheel or double wheel?? What kind Of stability issues do you run into with the single wheel (like the looks of this one) in hard cornering? And most importantly, does make the back of the bike look like s@#t??  Come on, let the advice and criticism start.

Jack... Add this to the info you get from the guys here.....take some time and check this.... go here-->  www.triketalk.com

There are many with bikes and trikes that know the trailers inside and out, what pulls best, how much, how to wire up and who makes the best hitch, on and on... Very friendly folks. Lots of knowledge. We're just back from a Rally in Maggie Valley, lots of trailers.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 01:24:57 PM »

And try using the search feature on the site.
Tons of information about trailers and the towing of them if you use search.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 01:44:53 PM »

And try using the search feature on the site.
Tons of information about trailers and the towing of them if you use search.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

I think Chip's signature photo above answers your question about the handling of a single wheeled in line trailer.  And he's a really nice guy to talk to........in spite of himself. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »

I have an American Legends trailer that I pull behind my 08 SE Ultra. Just returned home from Helen, Ga. Going thru all the twisties and some switchbacks, I did not have any problems, none. Most of the time I forgot the trailer was behind me. Even with the temps as high as it was in the late part of June, still no problems. I'm sold on the American Legends brand, mostly because it's designed like a Harley saddle bag and they use harley lights and other accessories. All the trailers out there are good, you will find it's mostly in the styling.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 10:45:37 PM »

Is there a hitch for the SESG. It looks like the fender comes down to far for a hitch. :nixweiss:

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »

American Legends has hitches for all bikes and they will color match it. The harness is a plug and play. Takes longer to remove the seat than too install the harness.

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRISE4
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 09:23:08 PM »

my two cents -- I'm going with American Legend as well.  Friendly folks, great product, reasonable price.  CVO paint job to match your bike is a little pricey -- but you get an EXACT match!!  Good luck
2010 CVO Blk Ultra -- Krull the Warrior King

Living large - Flying low - Riding high

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 26 queries.