Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Dang Stupid Car Drivers  (Read 7681 times)

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
Re: Dang Stupid Car Drivers
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2009, 10:47:10 AM »

So sorry about your encounter with a car. I've learned from riding a motorcycle with my husband, Admiral, the do's and don'ts when I get back into my car. I'm a lot more observent of motorcyles and their passengers now. I look twice for motorcycles. I also give them plenty of room whenever I am behind them on the road. It is nice to know that the good Lord doesn't mind riding with us. He's our best protection. Don't you think? I'll be praying for you and all the other motorcycles out there on the road. God bless.

Miss Kitty

currybob

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2009, 04:43:35 PM »

Thank you Miss Kitty!! I wish all drivers respected bikes the way we do. I love to ride but won't be able to unless I find someone to fix my elbow much better than what I have now. Be safe

Bob
Bob

Bob  2008 CVO Road King- 105th.
Wife has 2005 Blue & White Deluxe.
Photos Link http://community.webshots.com/user/currybob

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »

Thank you Miss Kitty!! I wish all drivers respected bikes the way we do. I love to ride but won't be able to unless I find someone to fix my elbow much better than what I have now. Be safe

Bob

You will be in my prayers Bob. Please keep me posted on how you are doing. My belief is, it's hard to keep a good biker down. God bless.

Miss Kitty

currybob

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2010, 09:00:26 AM »

Hello everyone, just wanted to give an update on where I currently at and sorry it is so late but I received sooo much love from this site I decided to do it anyway.

Not riding any more but miss it. I have had 2 other friends to go down and while theirs was not as bad as mine they were still serious. Car drivers are just too busy with things they should not be doing while driving that is has made it too dangerous out there. I have actually seen people texting while driving and it's a real shame. I see bikes on the road and find myself actually trying to protect them with my driving. I think there should be a driving test every 5 years. Well let me get off my soap box.

I am doing well now, had my 3rd surgery on my elbow and have gotten 80% of the range back. My back is the only limiting factor but lots of people have bad backs and I don't have to take narcotics to ease the pain. They are still prescription but not the addicting kind and able to do most anything I want to within reason just do it slower and for not as long. I'm blessed and OK with where I am now.

God bless you all and enjoy your time with your bikes for I envy you but I do have great memories of my rides and would not trade them for anything nor would I do it different.
Take Care
Bob

Bob

Bob  2008 CVO Road King- 105th.
Wife has 2005 Blue & White Deluxe.
Photos Link http://community.webshots.com/user/currybob

Aussie1

• Aussie1
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Aussie's escape

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 01:16:40 AM »

All the best from down under Bob. We face the same problems with careless and inattentive car drivers down here as well (let alone the ones that are just plane morons). I hope one day soon you are well enough and still have the desire to throw a leg over again and just ride. It just isn't right that you have to give up what you enjoy for the few wankers out there.
Aussie1 :bananarock:
2009 CVO Fatbob
V&H 2-1
SE Breather
SE Race tuner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.