Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tunner?  (Read 607 times)

59ironman

• 2002 FLHRSEI Brandy Wine
Tunner?
« on: June 15, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »

I recently obtained a 2002 SERK, it has 8900 miles, SE air cleaner with K & N air filter, V & H large oval slips ons, other than that stock. My question is ( I know there are different opinions) what is a good tuner to put on. Heard good things about the SE race tunner. Will be keeping the bike stock for time being. Have other go fast HD bikes. It runs good 42 MPG 2 up combined town and 80 on I-10, but has deceleration pop and small throttle lag. Thanks for your views.
2002 FLHRSEI
1990 FXSTS
1983 XLS Roadster
1979 FXEF 93" Stroker Kit

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Tunner?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »

Find a good tuner first off if you're not going to do the tune/dyno yourself then ask them what they recommend... more then likely what the recommend will be what they are most proficient at which will equal you getting the best tune for your money.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

59ironman

• 2002 FLHRSEI Brandy Wine
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »

Talked locally here and a lot have recommended a tuner at the HD shop. They say they like the SE. I know there are a lot of different one out there and people have different results. Thanks for the feed back. Really wanting best of power, economy and reliability. I am OCD so keeping my part of the bike up is not a problem. New fangled Twin Cams not a strong point, Iron head, shovel thats me finally came over to the dark side of TC's. Again thanks
2002 FLHRSEI
1990 FXSTS
1983 XLS Roadster
1979 FXEF 93" Stroker Kit

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 06:01:57 PM »

Talked locally here and a lot have recommended a tuner at the HD shop. They say they like the SE. I know there are a lot of different one out there and people have different results. Thanks for the feed back. Really wanting best of power, economy and reliability. I am OCD so keeping my part of the bike up is not a problem. New fangled Twin Cams not a strong point, Iron head, shovel thats me finally came over to the dark side of TC's. Again thanks
That is true... there are a lot of different tuning options... but they all have there little quirks/tricks.... going w/what your tuner is familiar with will eliminate him/her having to learn something new on your bike. :nervous:

Unless you want to decide on the device then travel to the best you can find with that device it's better to go on whatever the person that is doing the tune recommends. The most important thing is to find someone you can trust and has a good reputation when it comes to his/her tuning capabilities.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.