Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pak Leaking water  (Read 1016 times)

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
Tour Pak Leaking water
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:58:37 AM »

Have an 09 CUSE4 and the TP appears to have a water leak, as I am finding water inside after washing the bike and I can't tell where it's coming from. I did replace the TP hinges with Harley's hinge upgrade kit. Anyone else had this problem with a leaking tour pak? Did you fix it? If so, what did you do? Thanks >:(

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Tour Pak Leaking water
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »

:cherry:
Assuming you have a rack on the top lid,  there is a plastic plug at one point that is there is case you buy the optional (3rd brake lite kit) that mounts on the back edge of the rack.  The plug may have fallen out.

This could be a possible source of leakage.

Another spot might be on  the front of the pak.  There are a couple of holes there that are used to secure the passenger back/arm rests.  It the stock unit is still there, those holes should be in use..........however,  if for example,  (as I did),  you replaced it with a Mustang unit,  they only use one of the mounting holes and thus if you didn't fit a replacement bolt/nut into the (other) hole,  it is sitting there as a possible leak point also.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Tour Pak Leaking water
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:09:44 PM »

Very good to know moscooter. I have a rack on mine but do have the added brake light. I also had a Corbin passenger backrest on it when I had the leak. Since then have gone back to the stock passenger backrest so I hope this solves the problem.

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 21 queries.