Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kennedy Technologies Group  (Read 2169 times)

GOMO

• www.GOMOtorcycling.org
  • Junior CVO Member
    • GOMOtorcycling
Kennedy Technologies Group
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:51:18 AM »

I did a search but nothing came up, I was wondering if anybody has installed the equipment to use their cell phone through the H-D radio system? If so, how did it work out?

Website - http://www.cellset.com/
http://www.gomotorcycling.org
2007 Red FLHTCUSE2
MSF - RiderCoach New York State
American Iron Magazine - Safety Columnist
(http://www.aimag.com)
HOG -AMA - MRF -ABATE
Fred Rau Motorcycling
Online Touring Magazine
H-D Columnist
http://www.fredraumotorcycling.com

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Kennedy Technologies Group
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:01:21 PM »

:drink: :drink:

I have used the CellSet product (purchased form Cycle Gadget's ) in my last two CVO ultra's.  By far the most functional and best add-on to my bike.

Allows the full use of the entire HD system (ie, FM,AM, Mp3, Xm, weather etc) and allows the Garmin prompts to be routed through the "wired" headset.  Because the CellSet uses the intercom/CB  channel of the HD unit it allows the Garmin to work fully intergrated.

Because the Garmin comes with the Bluetooth capability, the Cell Set will allow you to answer the phone and makes calls (if you want).  i only use the home dial feature.  And you see who is calling and thus can either answer or wait till you stop.  The audio quality is so good most people don't even know you are on the bike.

Again, it it is with out a doubt the most used add-on I have purchased. 

:coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Trey767

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 06:22:22 PM »

I agree i love it

For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary; for those who have not, no explanation is possible.

Hogtunes Front/Rear speakers
Fullsac 2.5 cores
J&M 250 Amp
Hawg Wired 6.5 lowers
Ride Time LED lights
Dakota digital dash gauges
Saddlebag extensions
Clearview windshield/vent
BigSky oil cooler fan
HD rear Envelope LED's
Zumo 665

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 08:03:04 AM »

It really all depends on your personal preference when it comes to what you want to listen to when you are riding.

If you listen to your stock radio’s FM/AM, CD then the Cellset or the J&M devices both work well. The J&M has an external switch which mounts on the handlebar, not many people like having to use a switch. Both these units are $$$ and only work thru the headset speakers. If you want to listen to your own music that you have ripped to MP3’s and installed on an SD card which you have in your Zumo or you have the XM or NEXRAD for weather connected to your Zumo then the HD BOMM is a very inexpensive solution and it works thru your helmet speakers or the bike’s speakers. This is handy if you don’t wear a helmet and you have or use a throat mike or hand microphone.

They all work very well and the sound quality of all the units is good. A word to the wise if you own a 660 as some people (not all) experience low microphone volume. If you are in this boat then I suggest you call and complain to Garmin because the problem is either with the Zumo or the mount. Garmin knows of the problem but they do not confirm or deny the problem. It is my experience however that the problem is the Zumo or the mount and NOT with the unit.

I have not run into this problem with recently purchased 660’s so I am thinking that Garmin has fixed the problem.  Since the 665 is new and not many people have them yet I can not say if it has the problem or not, I suspect not but only time will tell.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

Phil33

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »

I just got my Zumo 665 on April 15, 2010 and I already have it on my bike but I did not know you had to get something else for it to work off the Harley System. I Do Now..  How hard is it to install this to the bike ? Would I be better off to let Harley install it for me ?  Thanks

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Installing the cell set does require some electrical wiring knowledge (although not much).  Requires removing the fairing and basically rewiring a few connectors.  The kit from Cell Set is very detailed in the instructions.

My dealer charged a friend 2 hours.  I did it the first time in three and the next two times in about 2.  So two is a good number.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Phil33

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 11:10:53 AM »

Thanks Diamondback  I may let me dealer do it for me too. I don't really have the time but when I do I want to ride. Thanks again

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »

Diamondback- Does this fit under the fairing on an '10 SE Ultra?
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »

Diamondback - which model did you use on the '08? That website confused the chit out of me!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Opossum

• Blue is Faster
  • Senior CVO Member
  • “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »

I've had the Kenady mic/cell set (same unit) on this the 3rd Electra Glide and it does work as Diamondback says...however, I've helped four buddies install Jim's HD Bomm and if he'd a had it then and for that kinda money I'd a bought the Bomm in a heartbeat, and if the Kenady ever poops out Bomm is the way I'm gonna go.  :coolblue:
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.