Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Induction Module  (Read 5688 times)

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
Induction Module
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:05:53 AM »

I now know that when the "check engine" light comes on after starting the bike it indicates a stored code.  I had the code read and was told that it is the induction module is going bad.  Has anyone else had this issue? 
2008 SEUC, 10.5/1 pistons, 259E cams, heavy breather, SE race tuner, fatshotz slip ons.  Engine work done in Feb 10 at approx 24k, 30k on the bike now.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Induction Module
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:26:33 PM »

Induction module is the throttle body.  In other words a solid metal piece with a flapper in it.  Not much to fail there.  Shaft could break and a butterfly could stick.  But aside from that.....

Installed on the throttle body are several parts that could account for code being thrown though.  Sensors, fuel injectors, throttle control on TBW bikes, etc etc etc.  Need to narrow down the "induction module" failure unless the plan is to replace the whole thing as an assembly rather than just the bad bit.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »

Well I had the rubber sleeve on my Heavy breather Intake come loose and get stuck in the Throttle Body. I had a CODE!! See if anything is stuck in there or if the flapper is sticking.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:06:46 PM »

What is the exact code or codes?  A statement like "the induction module is going bad" is pretty much meaningless.  As Don noted, the induction module is a hunk of aluminum with a shaft and throttle plate, several sensors, two injectors, an actuator (motor) that turns the electronic throttle, etc.  The entire thing doesn't just "go bad".  If you want to check the codes yourself, follow the instructions in this link:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=50747.0

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »

Thanks, I found an exploded view of the throttle body and associated parts.  http://www.harleyhog.co.uk/inductionmodule.htm  So now I know it is a housing/chunck of metal.  Will be investigating the actual problem today.  Will let ya know if it is a bad part (injector/actuator, etc..) or just a stuck flapper.

Yoda

harleycharlie1992

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »

I now know that when the "check engine" light comes on after starting the bike it indicates a stored code.  I had the code read and was told that it is the induction module is going bad.  Has anyone else had this issue? 
2008 SEUC, 10.5/1 pistons, 259E cams, heavy breather, SE race tuner, fatshotz slip ons.  Engine work done in Feb 10 at approx 24k, 30k on the bike now.

actually lts can go wrong with throttle actuator, and is very sensitive to any amp changes, return time changes, resistance changes. that is a very special peice of equipment on the bike do to safety reasons. so do not overlook fault codes. make sure to have it looked at by a trained person, as to avoid a very bad situation. that being said, I do have a 50 mm throttle body brand new, from a '10  110 bike if interested will sell for reasonable price $100.00

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.