Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: can/bus hd-lan  (Read 1859 times)

JakeB

• Full CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2014 SERK
can/bus hd-lan
« on: October 10, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »

Question about the "hd-lan":

I have a cvo breakout and I want to put some 16 or 17" bars on it.  I talked to Namz and they said they have an extended wiring harness that will work.  Part Number NHCX-J12.  I told the lady on the phone that the bike had cruise & abs.  she verified that the harness would work.  But when i go to the Namz website, the part number the woman gave me said it was for all softails 2013 and up.  I'm assuming that the standard softails don't have abs or cruise.  so i'm wondering how this works.  from the little I've read it looks like there are only two wires that run to each switch housing on the handlebars because these bikes now run a can/bus system, or "hd-lan" as harley likes to call it.  i'm not familiar with how this hd-lan system works.  i mean i've read what i could find online and i get the basic theory that a control module sends the power to where the power needs to go, and that the wire behind the switch doesn't send the power directly to where the power needs to go.  but does it make sense that the same wire extension kit would work on a standard softail and a cvo breakout?  perhaps someone familiar with how the hd-lan works can answer this for me.

thanks

jake
Jake

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.