Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: stock head pipe vs. x-pipe  (Read 4752 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: stock head pipe vs. x-pipe
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 11:05:46 AM »

I just ordered the V&h power duals to get-the  rid of the Cat. I have the 10 Ultra.  dealer could not tell me for sure but wants to sell me the race tuner--don't the cvo's already have all the management downloads built in ?

There are no built in downloads.....You will need some kind of tuner to get the bike running right--especially after doing exhaust mods. If the dealer was not sure if CVO's have downloads already built in, I would be questioning their ability to tune the bike for you...just my $.02

Reds

• Reds
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »

I hear you. they were not sure if I needed the "race tuner"($400.00 or so) .they said I do need the ecm download and v&h tech support agreed.($280).heres a stupid question- whats the difference btw. the power dual cross over thing I'm going to do and the "fullsac" system. I'm using the dealer to do my work only because I'm not that mechanically inclined and have no time and afaraid I'd screw it up !
Life is not a dress rehearsal !

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »

This could open up a can of worms....some people like the V&H pipe, some like the stock look that the fullsac pipe retains after the heat shields are put back on. The are both 2-1-2 pipes. The may be a slight HP difference but I am not sure which pipe wins out. You probably won't feel the difference in the seat of your pants. If you have strict LE in your area doing spot checks for EPA compliance, the fullsac pipe looks completely stock while the V&H screams aftermarket.

Reds

• Reds
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »

thanks for the info.

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 05:03:47 PM »

This could open up a can of worms....some people like the V&H pipe, some like the stock look that the fullsac pipe retains after the heat shields are put back on. The are both 2-1-2 pipes. The may be a slight HP difference but I am not sure which pipe wins out. You probably won't feel the difference in the seat of your pants. If you have strict LE in your area doing spot checks for EPA compliance, the fullsac pipe looks completely stock while the V&H screams aftermarket.

Ya, x 2- performance wise, they are likely equal, but the fullsac lets you keep the stock look. Plus, the benefit of the fullsac x pipe is that it is ceramic coated to run cooler, and I believe it is cheaper ($435.00).
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

scotr

• Scotr
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide CVO Spiced Rum
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 05:18:02 PM »

I bought a 09 catless headpipe from a site member, used Fullsac 2.25". I don't have any dyno numbers, I am happy with mine. To my ears they are not what I consider loud, they sound good and I can still hear XM radio at freeway speeds. The Rush pipes on old Road King are way louder. Just depends on what you are looking for. My way did save some money but may not have the highest TQ and HP numbers. FYI. Good luck.

I think this is right. my experience is the same. 2 1/14 inch Fullsac is loud but there are pipes that are louder. The x-pipe is the key IMO. Then just how loud.

Scotr
Life Is Good!
The Scotr,
Fullsac performance x pipe
Andrews 54 cams
Vance & Hines Basic slip ons
Hogtunes and upgraded speakers
XM listening pleasures
Screamin Eagle chrome shifter
Eagle Talon kickstand
Kuryakin 9182 license frame

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 07:59:32 AM »

It doesn't handle the same as my old 09 FLTRSE3. It's hard to explain but it almost feels like driving a vehicle that is overloaded with weight on the rear. It wanders all over the road especially at low speeds. It may just be a bad tire but nothing is visually wrong that you can see.

As a vertically challenged individual I had to have the lowering kit installed in the front and low profile air on the back. Even lowered it appears to have more ground clearance than the 09.

Thanks for the reply.  I am considering trading for a 12 if they have a color that grabs me.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Reds

• Reds
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »

after I get the power duals installed and still not happy with the sound,how hard is it to pull the baffles out of v&h high output slip ons ??does anyone know?

walstibsf

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2013 FLSTFB
    • CVO3: 2016 MOTO GUZZI
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »

It doesn't handle the same as my old 09 FLTRSE3. It's hard to explain but it almost feels like driving a vehicle that is overloaded with weight on the rear. It wanders all over the road especially at low speeds. It may just be a bad tire but nothing is visually wrong that you can see.

As a vertically challenged individual I had to have the lowering kit installed in the front and low profile air on the back. Even lowered it appears to have more ground clearance than the 09.

This has me wondering if the lowering job may not be equal front/back.  IE: a little too steep on the rake.  Front low or rear high. Or possibly head bearing adjustment.

Laters...

Bobby
W  A  L  S  T  I  B  S  F..................................

what a long strange trip its been..........SO FAR

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 06:44:01 AM »

This has me wondering if the lowering job may not be equal front/back.  IE: a little too steep on the rake.  Front low or rear high. Or possibly head bearing adjustment.

Laters...

Bobby

At first they adjusted the steering head bearing. They eventually replaced the head bearing and rebuilt the front fork assembly. I didn't think of a possible height difference. I will ask the dealer if they can check that for me.
Thanks,
Joe
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

ultraroad

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »

Previously I had the factory pipes and V.H big rounds, I just had the Fullsac x pipes installed on my 2011  cvo street glide and kept my V.H mufflers, there truly is quite a difference my bike definatley has far better instant pickup also runs cooler and has a little more rumble. I asked my dealer to specifically order and instal them for me. When the pipes were installed they tuned and dynoed the bike then test rode it,the manager could not believe the difference, so this is my reference to anyone looking for a fix that really works at a real fair price compared to some of the  other products the dealers prefer to push.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:33:36 PM by ultraroad »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.