Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undermining our security in the United States.  (Read 630 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Undermining our security in the United States.
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »

Has anything Political or economical undermined our Security more than the loss of our "hard" industries?

The loss of manufacturing and steel production and all other industries producing goods puts us at risk of not being able to respond

and adapt in need of a crisis.

We cannot provide (as a country) goods that we are accustomed to (much like oil) if a political situation arises that interupts trade.

We also are in a precarious situation if a Global war effort is needed (God forbid).

This is not just us, this would include many of our Allies that could be in same situation.

I am trying not dwell on doom and gloom, but the "World" political system has shown a total lack of resolve to fix anything....

What are your feelings?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
Re: Undermining our security in the United States.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:45:01 PM »

Keats for senate
kb

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:35:22 PM »

There's an empty Bethlehem Steel plant 20 miles from my house. Until 1983 it employed 20,000 people. The local GE plant that engines for fight planes was torn down 10 years ago. The Curtiss-Wright plant that pumped out P40 Warhawks is mostly an empty building. I see your point. These are just local examples. Good point Jeff. Maybe some of the thinking is to deplete every other country's resources until we're the only ony ones left standing.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 03:53:59 PM »

I don't think the general population will notice that we are in trouble as a nation until food becomes scarce at the grocery store. Any disruption in the distribution channel, like a gasoline crisis, and we have major problems. Since the manufacturing capabilities have been shipped overseas, we are already in a world of hurt but the general population just doesn't know it yet. Very hard times are just 1 crisis away.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.