Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FINALLY - New Season All Mods Done  (Read 1273 times)

Tom149

• 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate, 107CI
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate
    • CVO2: Non-CVO 98' Fatboy 95th Anniversary Edition - Wife's Ride
FINALLY - New Season All Mods Done
« on: July 17, 2010, 02:15:57 PM »

This the way the bike should have arrived from the factory (06' FLHTCUSE)!!

Detachable Tour Pak
HW - "four in the face" Audio
Low Profile Seat (corbin - young guns)
Motor Hop Up - 107CI .... Welded and Ported Heads, Cylinders Bored to 3.938" and fitted with CP 107FT Pistons, Andrews Hydraulic Cam Conversion Kit with 54N Cams, SE AC, Rinehart True Duals ("quiet baffles"), Dyno Tuned

The Bike is a pleasure to ride and I am really enjoying all of the mods, most of which I got from this great forum!

Thank You,
                   Tom149
Tom

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
Re: FINALLY - New Season All Mods Done
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 02:39:06 PM »

Tom149, really? All Mods Done? We all know it never ends... BTW, bike looks great!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »

Tom149, really? All Mods Done? We all know it never ends... BTW, bike looks great!

You have me laughing .... mods are done for now unless I want to be homeless ..... lol

Thanks for the compliment by the way, your ride looks sweet as well!

Tom149
Tom

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »

You have me laughing .... mods are done for now unless I want to be homeless ..... lol

Tom149
quote] Thanks, I just bought the 09 in June. I thought I would just ride and enjoy it for a few months before I start to do any mods. I am buying parts a little at a time. So far picked up some 09 catless headpipes, Arlen Ness Big Sucker AC., have not installed anything yet. So far only mod has been to remove the heel shifter, more room and never used it anyway. BTW, did you make the tour pack removeable just for looks or do you change it a lot? May do that to mine but not sure if I would take it on and off enough to justify the expense. Yeah I told my wife if I got the CVO it came with everything and would not need any other parts... lol  1sharprdkg 

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »

Tom149
quote] Thanks, I just bought the 09 in June. I thought I would just ride and enjoy it for a few months before I start to do any mods. I am buying parts a little at a time. So far picked up some 09 catless headpipes, Arlen Ness Big Sucker AC., have not installed anything yet. So far only mod has been to remove the heel shifter, more room and never used it anyway. BTW, did you make the tour pack removeable just for looks or do you change it a lot? May do that to mine but not sure if I would take it on and off enough to justify the expense. Yeah I told my wife if I got the CVO it came with everything and would not need any other parts... lol  1sharprdkg 

Sounds like a good start on the mods/part acquisition process. I too removed the heel shifter for the same reasons as you. I made the TP detachable for handling more than anything else. I can't believe the difference in handling, it is amazing. I also like the looks with it detached and only use the TP for long rides. My wife rides her own "fatboy" so riding one-up without the TP is really a pleasure. I gave my wife the same rationale about the CVO being loaded and she bought it in the beginning, but now cannot believe how much more money I have thrown at this bike .... LOL

Tom149
Tom

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »

Sounds like a good start on the mods/part acquisition process. I too removed the heel shifter for the same reasons as you. I made the TP detachable for handling more than anything else. I can't believe the difference in handling, it is amazing. I also like the looks with it detached and only use the TP for long rides. My wife rides her own "fatboy" so riding one-up without the TP is really a pleasure. I gave my wife the same rationale about the CVO being loaded and she bought it in the beginning, but now cannot believe how much more money I have thrown at this bike .... LOL

Tom149
I know what you mean about the money. I am sure with the TP removed it saves quite a bit of top heavy weight. Well we traded in my wifes 99RKC in deal for 09SEUC, so she got a new bike also because now she is riding my old 03RKC. Since it has cruz she is happy. Thank God, she is over that thing about the bike she rides needing to look "girley"... lol. Sometimes she still likes to ride behind me and thats OK with me. I got brave and asked her if she wanted to change anything on the Road King and she said no. But she said mine needed some pipes it sounded like a hugh sewing machine. I said well ok if you think we should, I guess it will be OK. lol     1sharprdkg

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »

I know what you mean about the money. I am sure with the TP removed it saves quite a bit of top heavy weight. Well we traded in my wifes 99RKC in deal for 09SEUC, so she got a new bike also because now she is riding my old 03RKC. Since it has cruz she is happy. Thank God, she is over that thing about the bike she rides needing to look "girley"... lol. Sometimes she still likes to ride behind me and thats OK with me. I got brave and asked her if she wanted to change anything on the Road King and she said no. But she said mine needed some pipes it sounded like a hugh sewing machine. I said well ok if you think we should, I guess it will be OK. lol     1sharprdkg

Sounds like everyone is content ..... thats a good thing! Anyway, here is a pic of the wife's "fatboy", hope its ok to post it here!

Tom149
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:05:13 PM by Tom149 »
Tom

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 04:31:41 PM »

Sounds like everyone is content ..... thats a good thing! Anyway, here is a pic of the wife's "fatboy", hope its ok to post it here!

Tom149
Tom real nice! My wife and I have always liked the Fatboy, just haven't had a chance to own one yet. I am not to good with this picture thing but I will try. Just noticed you are in Denver, we spent a few minutes in the airport there on the way to Vegas last year. We have been sick all weekend, today it has been storming almost all day.   Sorry I don't know how to make it nice and bigger like your pic!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:35:52 PM by 1sharprdkg »

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 07:12:38 PM »

Tom real nice! My wife and I have always liked the Fatboy, just haven't had a chance to own one yet. I am not to good with this picture thing but I will try. Just noticed you are in Denver, we spent a few minutes in the airport there on the way to Vegas last year. We have been sick all weekend, today it has been storming almost all day.   Sorry I don't know how to make it nice and bigger like your pic!

Your wife has a nice looking ride as well; riding is such a great thing to experience together.

Moved to Denver in 1996 from New York (born and raised there) and I love it here. The rides in "the rockies" are great and I don't miss the humidity from back east at all. Unfortunately it hit 102 degrees here yesterday and about 99 today. We rode both days and it was brutal! Don't believe that nonsense that everyone says, "but its a dry heat" .... lol     

Sorry to hear that you both have been sick and experiencing stormy weather today. Fortunately we have plenty of riding season left to enjoy!

Feel Better,

Tom
Tom

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.