Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Life Goes On!!!!!  (Read 2778 times)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
Life Goes On!!!!!
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:50:57 AM »

Hey, Whats up everybody?

I haven't been on the site for awhile, we have been going through some hard times, I am sure everyone here knows of someone who has been hit by all this economy stuff, but we really went down hard, we lost everything!!

My wife had her own successful business going and I was a truck driver, we were doing great, but then her business crashed and I was down to getting only one or two days a week of work, we tried everything and then had to sell everything and even lost the house, eventually had to fill bankruptcy!!

It's not an easy thing to go through, everybody says "why didn't you just do this or do that?" Well when you don't expect anything to happen, it's kind of hard to prepare for anything!!

We are pretty much on rock bottom now, I guess that it could always be worse and I am sure other people have had it worse, but I tell you what, It sure is a tough thing to go through!!

Everybody is your friend when things are good, but when times are not so good where did they all go...?????

It is a whole new life for us now and it will take alot of starting over and rebuilding, but they say we are always being tested, well this is one test that I didn't study for, it is a tough one!!

I guess I am not asking anyone to feel bad for us, just thought that I would put up a post since it's been a long time and I use to have fun here, sadly the bike was the first thing to go!! But I will still look in on the site from time to time, I still enjoy it!!

Later,
                                                                  SirMichael
                                                 (I think I lost the right to the "Sir" part!!) :behead2: :behead2:

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: Life Goes On!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:07 AM »

Welcome Back and Things do Change and now its time for you and your wife to start living!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:26:17 AM »

A very familiar story indeed (1982 for me) but as your thread title says "Life does go on" and good things will come from it. "Stay Thirsty My Friend"

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »

Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits.  ~Robert Brault

Fall seven times, stand up eight.  ~Japanese Proverb

Best of luck and wishes... :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »

Thanks for posting that Michael!  I mean it.....I really appreciate it and I'm sure others here do to.

While we haven't been hit as hard as you describe, our income level is roughly about half of what it was two years ago and at times I wonder where our bottom is. :nervous:  Reading a story like yours gives hope and I know that we'll make it through.

By the way, you've still got friends here. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »

Michael,

Right you are brother.... Life Goes On!  Could be me or any of the rest of us in time -- none of us are immune, no matter how confident anyone is currently --- we can all fall.  There have been bigger, better and richer than any of us take the dive.

This economy has kinda spooked me.  Been eleminating debt as fast as possible and socking back more than I ever have.  The fall could still happen -- preparing just makes hitting bottom a little softer.

Sometimes I wonder how stress-free life could be without all the stuff and the business to pay for it all.  I remember 32 years ago when my wife and I got married.  We didn't have a pot to pee in... and looking back, that was the happiest time of my life.  Old scooter, old car, rented house and No Worries.

As Jerry Jeff Walker said "Just Gettin By on Gettin By..."   

Good luck my friend!

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »

Hey,
         Thanks for all the posts, thats really cool!! :2vrolijk_21:

I think it's harder for my wife, she doesn't deserve this, but we will get through, it just takes time to start over!! :nixweiss:

I saw that saying (Life goes on) in a story kind of like ares, it kind of says it all, Life does go on, it's just a whole lot different!!

Thanks again,
                                                                SirMichael                  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »

Sir Michael, life does go on, welcome back.  I know you will get it rolling again and you do have friend's here you know.  My good friend has gone the same path and all he has left is his house.  We have helped him whenever we can so he can hold on to it, but it is indeed a struggle in this economy.

Keep in touch and good luck.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 06:57:16 PM »

Si Michael,

one thing for sure is things will change and when you are at the bottom that is a good thing.

Do not forget that the most important things in life cannot be bought.

Family and Health are some of the most important.

Wake up looking forward to the day.  You will learn something, meet someone or just have the chance to witness something wonderful.

Take time to treasure the simpler Things in life.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to help someone in need, of course you are in need, but it really helps the soul if you can help someone else.

I wish you the best.

In the end everything turns out just right.

PS  No one on this earth is better than another by what they own.  

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 07:01:31 PM by Keats »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »

Michael,

Hang in there!  I was out of work for a little over 4 months earlier this year.  Luckily I was in a position where I weathered the storm.  It really gives you a different perspective regarding a job, spending, etc. 
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

swat1

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 10:26:30 PM »

Michael,     Life does go on and things well get better.  If you ever find your self in Central Florida let me know we got plenty of bikes to ride. 
That just happened

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 10:59:20 PM »

Sorry to hear you were hit so hard. I too have been hit hard by the bad economy, although not as bad as you have seen. Things will look up for you, I am sure. Hope to see you riding again soon.

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.