Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pak - detachable & relocation  (Read 4513 times)

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Working to make it my own

• CVO1: FLTRSEI2 - Black/Charcoal/Silver
Tour Pak - detachable & relocation
« on: July 02, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »

Hello,
Has anyone used either the eglide or geoarge anderson TP relocation mount?  If so what are your thoughts and/or recommendations regarding the usage of these products.  I like the eglide sliding TP relo kit but would like to get some opinions on the stability of the positioning when locked in (does it move or rattle any)?

I am mounting a 2009 ultra TP to my 01 stock FLTRSEI2 detachable TP rack, i have noticed that the front mounting holes on the tp are at 6.5" and the rear are at 7"  while my stock chopped TP are both at 7" centers.  Dees george andersons kit allow for this difference?

Any pics would be great as well.

Thanks for your input.

Mark
2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

mch03wideglide

• Junior CVO Member
  • Working to make it my own

• CVO1: FLTRSEI2 - Black/Charcoal/Silver
Re: Tour Pak - detachable & relocation
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »

Hello,
Has anyone used either the eglide or geoarge anderson TP relocation mount?  If so what are your thoughts and/or recommendations regarding the usage of these products.  I like the eglide sliding TP relo kit but would like to get some opinions on the stability of the positioning when locked in (does it move or rattle any)?

I am mounting a 2009 ultra TP to my 01 stock FLTRSEI2 detachable TP rack, i have noticed that the front mounting holes on the tp are at 6.5" and the rear are at 7"  while my stock chopped TP are both at 7" centers.  Dees george andersons kit allow for this difference?

Any pics would be great as well.

Thanks for your input.

Mark

Well fabricated one to fit myself and ran me less than $25

I took a T.P. from and '09 FLHTCUSE and relocated on my '01 FLTRSEI2 onto the stock detachable rack and noone made one, contacted George Anderson but the problem was the holes in the T.P. to mount were at different centers and he had not fabbed one.  I ordered a bottom T.P. plate about $17 punched the screws out of it and the one in my T.P.....drilled a series of holes in it to mount to stock T.P. mount, various set backs about 1/2" apart, they lined up in bottom groove of the T.P. allowing me clearance to mount the plate to my detachable rack with hex bolts, mounted it to my detachable rack and then ran my bolts through the plate in my T.P. to the plate on my rack and there it was plus it provides a solid base on the bottom of the tour pak, so basically i have the bottom of the T.P. sandwiched between the T.P. plates. Put some acorn nuts on the 6 bolts and away i went.....
2001 FLTRSEI2
2003 FXDWG

hogasm

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 09:48:24 AM »

Well fabricated one to fit myself and ran me less than $25

I took a T.P. from and '09 FLHTCUSE and relocated on my '01 FLTRSEI2 onto the stock detachable rack and noone made one, contacted George Anderson but the problem was the holes in the T.P. to mount were at different centers and he had not fabbed one.  I ordered a bottom T.P. plate about $17 punched the screws out of it and the one in my T.P.....drilled a series of holes in it to mount to stock T.P. mount, various set backs about 1/2" apart, they lined up in bottom groove of the T.P. allowing me clearance to mount the plate to my detachable rack with hex bolts, mounted it to my detachable rack and then ran my bolts through the plate in my T.P. to the plate on my rack and there it was plus it provides a solid base on the bottom of the tour pak, so basically i have the bottom of the T.P. sandwiched between the T.P. plates. Put some acorn nuts on the 6 bolts and away i went.....

I hate to do this to you but :worthless:

Would like to see the finished product :2vrolijk_21:

Reds

• Reds
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 08:18:33 PM »

this thread has not been visited in awhile so I'd like to ask some advice on a different/same  subject matter- I have the flhcuse 5-2010 and i'd like to make my tourpak detacable but have been told-can't do due to the amp is mounted under my pak as I see. dealer said the amps to big to put into the fairing too. I asked why can't I have it mounted in one of the side packs or one of the "glove boxes". i CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE THAT HAS DONE THIS. the next move might be also to upgrade the speakers and install a set into the glove box area   .need some advice here and so far as a new guy from the Phillie suburbs, I haven't been let down yet by  this site  !
Life is not a dress rehearsal !

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »

this thread has not been visited in awhile so I'd like to ask some advice on a different/same  subject matter- I have the flhcuse 5-2010 and i'd like to make my tourpak detacable but have been told-can't do due to the amp is mounted under my pak as I see. dealer said the amps to big to put into the fairing too. I asked why can't I have it mounted in one of the side packs or one of the "glove boxes". i CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE THAT HAS DONE THIS. the next move might be also to upgrade the speakers and install a set into the glove box area   .need some advice here and so far as a new guy from the Phillie suburbs, I haven't been let down yet by  this site  !
It can be done and you're not the first that has wanted this done. There is a member here (HogBreath) that had this (amp moved to saddle bag) done on his SEUC before. If he doesn't see this post and comment you may want to send him a PM (Personal/Private Message).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Reds

• Reds
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 08:46:07 PM »

thank you

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 09:08:08 PM »

You can rotate it 90 degrees - make a couple of brackets and leave it under the tourpack.  You will need to modify the license plate mount.  Check out this thread.

Custom Vehicle Discussions / 2006 FLHTCUSE/2007 FLHTCUSE2/2008 FLHTCUSE3/2009 FLHTCUSE4/2010 FLHTCUSE5/2011 FLHTCUSE6 Screamin’ Eagle® Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® / Re: How to make a 2010 SE Ultra Detachable TourPak

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 09:13:07 PM »

You can also mount it behind the fairing on top of the radio. 

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 09:32:26 PM »

If you look closely you can see the amp turned 90 degrees under the tourpack.  With this set up you will also need to rewire the front speakers to be powered by the radio.

Reds

• Reds
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »

hey blue goose awsome back end on your bike--I want to do the same thing-I was unable to connect to your thread(new to site and not really that computer literate) for the detach but, now seeing your picture of the rear end could you email direct where you found the rear kit etc.. question on the amp relocate--is it safe to mount it on the radio in the fairing? I'm worried about maybe to much heat together like that but, if its ok ,thaT looks like the easy way out.my email is rklownes659@aol.com-thanks

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 04:20:32 PM »

Reds - I sent you a PM

SMSgt B

• Full CVO Member
    • FL
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »

I have the George Anderson setup and my wife loves it.  You can move it back 1 1/4, 1 1/2, or 2 1/2 back from the original position.  It does not squeak and is rock solid.  George is also awesome to work with.  I called him and he shipped it out that day and I had it 2 days later.  This is PRIOR to me mailing him a check.  Incredible guy through and through.

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 06:25:38 PM »

Reds, here's the link bluegoose provided:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=45226.0

Carl

Reds

• Reds
  • Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »

goose--all I can say is---- u-da man !! great job and thanks for the great detail. when I embark in this endeavor, I'm going to invest in a more powerful amp so that its more expandable for any future gadgets that may come along. again-thanks

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.