Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lady killed on motorcycle, by lady doing her nails while driving!!  (Read 3646 times)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!

This is amazing, I am not sure if it was posted before, but this lady was killed on her motorcycle by another lady driving her car and was painting her nails!!

Just on the news today, they said that the lady was sentenced to only 18 months in work-release jail and 30 months probation!! :sauer055: :sauer055:

That is amazing!! She still gets to go to work and has to report to jail in the evenings!! :sauer005: :sauer005: I did more jail time in the past for theft, this lady killed someone!!

Here is the story on the news!!  Sad Sad!!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=201596

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
Re: Lady killed on motorcycle, by lady doing her nails while driving!!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:18:36 PM »

How could she see to paint her nails when she apparantly had her head up her a##?  Totally INSANE!!

LFMC Pharaoh

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Candy Concord CVO Street Glide "Blue Thunder"
2010 Candy Concord CVO Street Glide
Klock Werks 8.5" Dark Smoke Windshield
PYO 10" Monkey Bars
Vance & Hines Power Duals
Rinehart Slip On Mufflers
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner
7.25" J&M Speakers w/Amp
HD Center Stand
HD Chopped Tour Pak
RAM Mount w/Ipod MP3 Player
RAM Mount w/Garmin Zumo 550 GPS

LISA

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:09:31 PM »

Yup!  That would be from my state of ILlinois-a few towns away in fact. 
She is not popular to say the least. 
As an ER nurse I have put a few bodies in the morgue-I would have like to have a chance at her to giver her a piece of my mind. 
Bikers do not fare well with semi's either. 

Ride safe everyone.  LISA

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 12:15:22 AM »

Yup!  That would be from my state of ILlinois-a few towns away in fact. 
She is not popular to say the least. 
As an ER nurse I have put a few bodies in the morgue-I would have like to have a chance at her to giver her a piece of my mind. 
Bikers do not fare well with semi's either. 

Ride safe everyone.  LISA
I am from McHenry, that was right down the street!!

Lots of people were surely upset with her here!! I don't think she thought she did anything wrong, she said that it was just an accident!! Just like people texting and driving, they think that it's not a big deal, until it's to late!!

SirMichael

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »

I am from McHenry, that was right down the street!!

Lots of people were surely upset with her here!! I don't think she thought she did anything wrong, she said that it was just an accident!! Just like people texting and driving, they think that it's not a big deal, until it's to late!!

SirMichael

Yup, it's not a big deal until they or one of their loved ones is the victim.  Shouldn't be surprised, however.  Just look around at society in general, and you see more and more of the "hooray for me, screw you" and the "I'm important and you're not" attitudes.  It's not just for celebrities any more, now we can all be total jackasses.

As far as I'm concerned, an accident is something that can't be prevented.  Kind of like a metorite falling out of the sky and blowing a hole in the roof of your house.  What happened here was in no way, shape, or form an accident, it was a severe case of negligence resulting in the death of an innocent person.  The fact that this woman was found guilty amazes me, since our society likes to make excuses for bad behavior.  But I can't honestly say that I'm surprised at the slap on the wrist sentence.  Someone kills an innocent person and gets a few months of evening only detention followed by probation (whoop de doo!).  Someone else sells a little hash and gets thrown in a real prison for years.  And because there are so many of the second variety filling up the jails and prisons, the "murderer" will get early release to make room for another junkie.  Wonderful system we have these days.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

LISA

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 02:51:07 PM »

Yup, it's not a big deal until they or one of their loved ones is the victim.  Shouldn't be surprised, however.  Just look around at society in general, and you see more and more of the "hooray for me, screw you" and the "I'm important and you're not" attitudes.  It's not just for celebrities any more, now we can all be total jackasses.

As far as I'm concerned, an accident is something that can't be prevented.  Kind of like a metorite falling out of the sky and blowing a hole in the roof of your house.  What happened here was in no way, shape, or form an accident, it was a severe case of negligence resulting in the death of an innocent person.  The fact that this woman was found guilty amazes me, since our society likes to make excuses for bad behavior.  But I can't honestly say that I'm surprised at the slap on the wrist sentence.  Someone kills an innocent person and gets a few months of evening only detention followed by probation (whoop de doo!).  Someone else sells a little hash and gets thrown in a real prison for years.  And because there are so many of the second variety filling up the jails and prisons, the "murderer" will get early release to make room for another junkie.  Wonderful system we have these days.

Jerry

A little emergency trivia information.  No longer are Motor Vehicle Accidents called MVA's, the new terminology is Motor Vehicle Crash (MVC's).  When accidents get analyzed there are a series of events.  These events lead to a crash, hence there never was an accident.  It was an event that led to a crash. There are no accidents, only crashes now.  We are smarter on our trauma statistics.  Distraction was the event and the crash was the result.
Bless the family of the Rider Down.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »

A little emergency trivia information.  No longer are Motor Vehicle Accidents called MVA's, the new terminology is Motor Vehicle Crash (MVC's).  When accidents get analyzed there are a series of events.  These events lead to a crash, hence there never was an accident.  It was an event that led to a crash. There are no accidents, only crashes now.  We are smarter on our trauma statistics.  Distraction was the event and the crash was the result.
Bless the family of the Rider Down.

:2vrolijk_21:

I stopped calling them accidents many many years ago.  I tend to use the term incident rather than accident, but I can support the crash terminology as well.  Unfortunately, the media in general still likes to call everything an accident, and I feel that it just helps perpetuate and reinforce that erroneous idea that stuff just happens and it's never my fault.  We have too much of that in our society, with no one ever being responsible for bad outcomes.  I have noticed, however, that lot's of folks still want to take responsibility/credit for good things that happen due to reasons that have nothing to do with them.  Strange how that works.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »

This is amazing, I am not sure if it was posted before, but this lady was killed on her motorcycle by another lady driving her car and was painting her nails!!

Just on the news today, they said that the lady was sentenced to only 18 months in work-release jail and 30 months probation!! :sauer055: :sauer055:

That is amazing!! She still gets to go to work and has to report to jail in the evenings!! :sauer005: :sauer005: I did more jail time in the past for theft, this lady killed someone!!

Here is the story on the news!!  Sad Sad!!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=201596

Unbelievable....I rode to my office today and two times I had to avoid an accident!! morons!!

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.