Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HAD SOME FUN YESTERDAY...  (Read 733 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
HAD SOME FUN YESTERDAY...
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:21:31 PM »

I went to my selling dealership to see what they had for '11s.  They didn't have any CVO's, but they did have a Ultra RG in black.  It looked pretty good, but still an Ultra Classic without the batwing fairing.  I think if I were in the market for a non CVO I would consider this bike over the Ultra Classic Limited.  Although when you buy the PowerPak option to get the security, 103 and ABS for $1,995.00, it puts the price up there with the Limited.

I digress though.

What they had going yesterday, that I had forgotten about, was a bike show and the Gieco Dyno Drags.  They were still looking to qualify two V-twins to run off at Sturgis.  They will be leaving tonight heading for Sturgis.

I decided to take a run at the dyno drag machine, never going it on a machine like this before, only the dragstrip with my streetrod.

For $20 you get three runs.

Here is my best run.

I'm usually a lot better than that on my reaction time, but my fairing covered up the green light and if you red lighted they dropped the run.  So while leaning over the side of the bike to see the green light, I waited until the light actually came on instead of anticipating like one would normally do.

Every run my HP was up/down etc.  I have no false confidence that these numbers are anywhere close to actual dyno runs.

My low HP was 95.88 and high was the 110.09 shown above.

I think on these things it depends a lot on the loading of the drum wheel on the dyno and the way one would do their shifting etc.  I told the guy helping setup the bike with the strap etc that my bike with its tune compared to about 20 others on the forum will have a true rwhp of around 90 hp.  He tried to explain that their dyno drag machine was "real world" condition and not just a single gear pull.

For what it's worth, I actually did another three runs just for the fun of it and of course another $20.

There was a guy there with a jockey shifter that did VERY good until he dropped his tranny.  He would start with his foot on the clutch and then pop the clutch, stand up and then hammer each gear with just a blip on the throttle at each shift.  I can't help but think unloading his bike with his weight helped him to get a slightly better time as well.

All in all I had a great time and people were looking the SERG over pretty close and saying it performed for a "stock" bike quite well.

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 12:24:38 PM by Dan_Lockwood »
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
Re: HAD SOME FUN YESTERDAY...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 07:28:59 AM »

Looks like fun.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

swat1

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 07:34:34 AM »

Sounds like fun
That just happened

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:20:19 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.