Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: My new (to me) 2010 SEUC!!  (Read 5374 times)

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
Re: My new (to me) 2010 SEUC!!
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 08:31:57 AM »

Dennis,
I put the jackpot pipes, the power commander 5 and new head pipes on mine and it made a big improvement.  Also the sound is nice and not too loud on the trips!

Good luck

What headpipes did you use?
2011 CVO Street Glide
Black Diamond with Crimson graphics
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!
Harley LED headlights and passing lamps
Focal spkrs and Arc Audio amp
Wild One Chubby bars 0575

mwg

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG "Beast"
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »

Beautiful bike.. congrats!
RLTW

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »

Ok kids,

I have been living with it for a few weeks and I have gotten a few things taken care of.. thanks to all your recommendations and discoveries I have made here at cvoharley.com..

Changed out the speakers for JM's...  initially I wasn't sure how much better they were, but after a little tweaking, they indeed very much better and crank pretty good while cruising...

Secondly, after doing some reading about seats, I had heard good opinions of the 2008 seat and I saw one on ebay and picked it up...very nice...sit a little lower with more back support, now my back is flat against the backrest instead of the top digging into my back like it was before...

Lastly, I just had some new pipes, slip ons  and a dynotune.... it was a bit of an adventure as I went to a different state to get the tune trailering the bike there.  I had the pipes and mufflers delivered there and when I arrived we opened the box on the power duals and VH had changed the position of one of the O2 sensors and the tuner did not think we should use them.  I was bummed, I had driven 4 hours and I have been waiting since I got the bike and had been doing research to select my components.  After conversing with VH and some additional experts, it seemed that it would probably be OK and so I decided to go for it.  I was away when they installed the mufflers and began to tune.  When I got back, I wasnt sure I really liked the sound of the VH hi outputs... but anyway we got 96 HP and 112 torque. 

After I got the bike home, it didnt sound good to me at all and didnt seem to run so good either and I was really depressed after all that effort and spending plenty of money.... I only rode for about a half hour the first day and was second guessing my decision to have those pipes put on against the recommendation of the tuner. 

But after and hour or so of riding the next day the bike really settled in and came alive.  Now I am really starting to dig the sound and it runs fantastic..very much more powerful and torquey.  I was thinking it may have been because we tuned the bike in a rather mountainous area and I trailed it home to a lower elevation, maybe the ECM took a little time to dial itself in after I first started riding it.   It is very good now. 

Now for a detachable tour pak and maybe that street glide fender and lights  and some suspension tweaks perhaps and it will be even more awesome!

I will post a pic later with the power duals and the hi output mufflers.. it looks really good!

Dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide
Wood 8 cams, 58mm TB, Hillside heads, (Changed to R&R cast heads, went from 115 hp 113 tq to 125 hp 124.73 tq)  D&D Bosscat Wrapped performance baffle, awesome sound!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2010, 09:57:29 PM »

Dennis congrats! looks great! I think that is my favorite color of the 2010's. Enjoy the ride. Oh yeah, don't worry it's only money! Get use to spending it...   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2010, 10:35:59 PM »

Now for a detachable tour pak and maybe that street glide fender and lights  and some suspension tweaks perhaps and it will be even more awesome!

Dennis, It sounds like you're well on your way to getting the bike like you want it...I've already completed the tour pack detach on mine, and I like the new look a lot better.  I have also located a Streetglide fender and fillers with the LED lights.  I plan to have the license plate frenched in to the new fender and then paint it to match...I thought it may be better to keep my original fender unaltered in case I decide to sell the bike later.

I know how undecided you were when shopping for your bike...it sounds like you don't have any regrets, now.  Congratulations   :2vrolijk_21:

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »

A little update to the tuning issues that I had

When i test road the bike after the tune, I noted when I first started it that there was a ticking sound coming from motor.  I asked if it could be an exhaust leak since we just had installed the pipe or if it was the air sucking into the heavy breather.  The guy seemed to think it was the air cleaner.  Earlier during the tune he showed me an imbalance in the two cylinders and attributed it to a venturi effect from the heavy breather air cleaner I have.\

To make a long story short, the bike has run very inconsistently since I got it back, sometimes rather poorly.  So I took it in to the local dealer to see if there was an exhaust leak and the guy came out and tested the exhaust and sprayed some stuff in the intake and it turns out its a intake leak!
So apparently the struggles that the guy was having tuning it were probably somewhat related to the intake leak.  He should have probably picked up on it at the time but we were rushed and hey nobody's perfect. So I guess it wasn't the heavy breather, I think now it was the intake leak creating the imbalance.

That is good news in that at least  I think I am on the way to getting it to run right.

So I call them to tell them about it and they say they will retune it but it is four hours away and i say I don't know if I want to go through that again.  Cost me 300 for the trailer gas and a hotel room that became necessary when the issues arose and made it take much longer.

So the service manager says 'We'll come and pick it up, I stand behind my work'    So 20 minutes after she tells me this, the guy is on the road.   the guy drives four hours, picks up the bike and drove 4 hours back!   And then they are going to deliver it to me next week.  Yikes!  Now that is service! I just hope they can get it running right.  Tongue   I'm hopeful that they will....   pepper

dennis
2011 CVO Street Glide

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »

So the service manager says 'We'll come and pick it up, I stand behind my work'    So 20 minutes after she tells me this, the guy is on the road.   the guy drives four hours, picks up the bike and drove 4 hours back!   And then they are going to deliver it to me next week.  Yikes!  Now that is service!

That's the kind of service you should get when working on these bikes...wish I had that with my dealer.  If they would just stand behind their work, I would be happy...pickup and delivery is incredible.

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »

Kudos to that tuner for Great service that is how long term relationships are built!  :2vrolijk_21:
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Joelgonia

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRISE4
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 11:34:29 PM »

Dennis -- I've been following your posts and appreciate all the time & effort you keep saving me !!!  Hard to match the service from your dealer - WOW !!  It's good to hear a few of'em still know what customer service is.  Keep up the good work - I appreciate it,  Joel
2010 CVO Blk Ultra -- Krull the Warrior King

Living large - Flying low - Riding high

swat1

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 01:10:00 AM »

Great looking bike Congrats
That just happened

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 02:12:54 PM »

Bike was delivered to me yesterday.  Runs fantastic and consistent.  I am very pleased with it.  It was handled right.  No charge.   :2vrolijk_21:
2011 CVO Street Glide

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 03:46:24 PM »

Bike was delivered to me yesterday.  Runs fantastic and consistent.  I am very pleased with it.  It was handled right.  No charge.   :2vrolijk_21:

That's the way to do it! Great customer service and solid results!  :2vrolijk_21: ;D
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

DennisG

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »

Here is my first youtube ever of my Ultra with the Power Duals and Hi Output Slip Ons.  Just got done cleaning it up after getting caught in a bit if rain the night before.    I will do another later with some more revving, but I didn't want to freak out my neighbor!   :)  

recorded it with a Flip video camera.  Those little things are pretty cool!  It is high def so you can watch it in 720P and full screen! Nice!  Lotta Sun bouncing off a lot of chrome!!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 09:22:36 PM by DennisG »
2011 CVO Street Glide

My Bagg

• Ferguson, Harley Ferguson
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Red FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 09:57:39 PM »

Very nice like the tone! :2vrolijk_21:

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 05:15:32 AM »

DennisG, Great looking bike. Congratulations. I was just wondering where you got, or if you know the part no. for the nifly chrome tip on your front fender? I saw one on a post from one of the guys from England and I believe he said his 09 came that way. Great color congratualtions again.CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 25 queries.