Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HK Stereo Dead after 800miles  (Read 795 times)

TJMichigan

HK Stereo Dead after 800miles
« on: August 07, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »

Posting just to see if anyone has a solution.  2010 SESG with Biketronics Amp and 6.5" speakers.  All hooked up correctly and work for 800miles or so.  After washing last week the main face light stayed on after turning off the bike.  Then strange sound in 1 speaker for a few which went away after riding and trying again in a few miles.  sounded shorted out or something.  Washed again this week, rode bike 2 miles no issues.  Showed a buddy how good it sounds, then when I went to leave no power whatsoever to the stereo.  No face light up, nothing.  Totally dead.  Checked all connections on the backside, found no issues and still no tunes.  Checked fuse also which is good.  Totally Dead.  Dealer took my word for it and ordered replacement.  Yet to see it.  Any advise???? 

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: HK Stereo Dead after 800miles
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:45:13 PM »

I would let the dealer work it out for now, that's what warranties are for.

You may have got a dud??
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: HK Stereo Dead after 800miles
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »

It's under warranty (and it's expensive).  When messing with it yourself can only screw up the warranty that's a time to let warranty work.  Just to be save I'd remove the amp and anything else plugged in to the radio before taking it in (unless the dealer installed the accessories).  Otherwise they might use the new parts as a reason to dance around responsibility.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 25 queries.