Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tall Rider & limited numbers  (Read 1702 times)

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
Tall Rider & limited numbers
« on: August 16, 2010, 07:14:37 AM »

I am 6ft 1" & riding a 2003 fatboy & 2004 SEEG with no problems, I have decided to part ex both bikes & have just ordered a flstse2 (uk) and have been told I can't chose the colour as there are only going to be 15 coming to the Uk.
More worryingly i have just had a go on my mates 2010 fatboy-lo and felt really cramped up as the seat was more forward than mine. I have also read the new flstse is even lower and designed for smaller riders!!
Help!!!! anyone over 6ft having any problems?

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
Re: Tall Rider & limited numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 07:35:09 AM »

I am 6'2" and don't feel cramped on my '10. With that said, they do not have as much room as the Dyna line with forward controls.

Kevinski

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 and lovin' it
    • CVO2: FLSTSE2 and loved it but sold it
    • CVO3: FLHXSE Tequila (sold)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »

Get a test on a 2010, Norwich HD have one that the DP uses. I placed an order on Aug 3rd for a Scarlet, they say they are only 99% sure I will get the colour. However they said last year that each dealer would only get 3 CVO's total, Norwich got 4 CVO Street Glides alone. A mate bought a spiced rum and they seem to be everywhere here.

Cheers,

Kev

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 04:44:36 AM »

I'm just a smidgeon over 6' with an artificial left knee that doesn't bend so well. It was a big concern for me as far as the shifter position was concerned. I had more room on the 10 FLSTSE than I did on my 07 FLHTCU in this area. Sitting lower does take some getting used to as to the arse muscles. Some mustache bars n highway pegs definately helped to relieve strain on legs going down the highway. I went with kuryakin true mustache bars as I didn't like the idea of full engine guards messing up that boulevard cruiser look. Finally, I'm ordering a Floorboard extension kit from JP Cycles in a couple days. ( 541-026 ). I had these on my Ultra. Moves the floorboards out 1" and forward 3/4" for a much wider leg position. And they're not bulky. You wouldn't even know that they're there except for the space between the inside of the Floorboards and the Primary. Good luck on the color!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:59:49 AM by 1Man »
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 05:44:19 AM »

Thanks for the replies, I will have to go and sit on a 2010 I suppose, have you a picture of the kuryakin true mustache bars fitted on your FLSTSE ?

1Man1God

• 1Man
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Blue-Bullet)
    • CVO2: Non CVO-2003 100th Anniversary Roadking (Pearl)
    • CVO3: Non CVO-1981 FXE (Crazy-Bitch)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:26:50 PM »

I'll try and get the camera out and post pic of mustache bars.
When life hits you hard....you either give up and lay down....or make your mind up that Nothing is gonna get in the way of your happiness. It starts with making that decision

skiers

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 01:44:54 PM »

6ft 2in here and I have more leg room to the floor boards on my 2010 FLSTSE than I do on my 2007 FLHTCU.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.