Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: National Cycle Windshields For '09 Serg??  (Read 2438 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
National Cycle Windshields For '09 Serg??
« on: August 09, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

Figured we needed another windshield thread... Like most everyone else I've  been through the usual CV, CB, was going to try a WV but after reading Fuzznuts's  post I got my answer on that... Trying to find that elusive  shield that I can look over and not  get beat up in the process. Called National Cycle today and talked to them about both of their shields for RG,  V-Stream & Wave. Scott at National seem to think the V-Stream would be a better choice, said I would be able to look right over it...Has anyone tried their shields??  Guess if nothing else I can put a 16"" CV on there and look through it but damn I hate to do that. Put my 14"CV back on it worked better than the CB, but it's right at eye level... . Thanks Greg    

P.S. What's the anyone's take  on the changed " fairing angle" on the 10's and later, Will it help air management or hurt it.     
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:35:09 PM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
Re: National Cycle Windshields For '09 Serg??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »

Try the Kuryakyn.  It puts the edge closer to your face.  I'm 6' and sit upright.  I get some wind but its diffused (hey its a motorcycle) and doesn't shake my sunglasses.  The shield will bounce a little sometimes but you don't notice it.  I really don't understand why more RG owners don't go to this.

8 U UP

• Full CVO Member
  • Eat'in em up every chance I get!

• CVO1: 09 SE ROAD GLIDE O/B
    • CVO2: 02 SUPERCHARGED HD F-150 BLACK
    • CVO3: 08 Z51 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE ATOMIC ORANGE
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »

I've got a Kuryakn sittin in the box. Sold my Cee Baileys. Had the Windvest 12" gunsmoke on for a year and a half. Its not perfect but I'll be damned if I'm looking through a windshield. I can do that in my HD supercharged f-150

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:17:53 PM »

So were you looking through the Kury?  I dont like looking through plastic either...but I see about 4" over the Kury.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »

Try the Kuryakyn.  It puts the edge closer to your face.  I'm 6' and sit upright.  I get some wind but its diffused (hey its a motorcycle) and doesn't shake my sunglasses.  The shield will bounce a little sometimes but you don't notice it.  I really don't understand why more RG owners don't go to this.

I tried one and didn't like it.. Thanks Greg   

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »

I've got a Kuryakn sittin in the box. Sold my Cee Baileys. Had the Windvest 12" gunsmoke on for a year and a half. Its not perfect but I'll be damned if I'm looking through a windshield. I can do that in my HD supercharged f-150

I may be with you on that one....just may buy the National cycle one and give it a try.. I'd change the  new faring bracket, but I'm not convinced it would help..

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:41:51 AM »

Figured we needed another windshield thread... Like most everyone else I've  been through the usual CV, CB, was going to try a WV but after reading Fuzznuts's  post I got my answer on that... Trying to find that elusive  shield that I can look over and not  get beat up in the process. Called National Cycle today and talked to them about both of their shields for RG,  V-Stream & Wave. Scott at National seem to think the V-Stream would be a better choice, said I would be able to look right over it...Has anyone tried their shields??  Guess if nothing else I can put a 16"" CV on there and look through it but damn I hate to do that. Put my 14"CV back on it worked better than the CB, but it's right at eye level... . Thanks Greg    

P.S. What's the anyone's take  on the changed " fairing angle" on the 10's and later, Will it help air management or hurt it.     

After a couple of conversations with Mark at CV, the new fairing angle puts the shield further away from you and stands it up a little more...not what you want for air management. 

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 03:42:45 PM »

Some more windshield trivia.....Here ae some specs as I was playing with windshields today.
Heights are measured from the lower edge of the speedo pod
Lengths are measured from the bottom edge of the shield to the top
Angle is done as close as I can to the middle of the shield with an angle gauge.

CB. 14" SST
Angle:45 degrees
Height: 13.25
Length: 16.75

National " V Stream"
Angle:37 degrees
Height 13.375
Length: 15 7/8

All tests done with new air deflectors on  same road, 70 MPH within 1/2 hour of each other

The big difference I noticed that the V Stream kicks the air out further to the  side , much less turbelece around ears. Seems like it had a little bigger pocket at the top, So far the V Stream seems to have the edge. Just can't bring myself to look through a shield. I have a CV 14"" but it nails me between the eyes, Have a HD Tall Boy on there now but have a new Corbin CVO seat coming this week ( Thanks Jenni) going to try it and I suspect it will raise me up a bit. have pics of both shields on the bike shot for the same side view, just gotta figure out how to get 'em out of my I phone onto here.. Going back on the dyno at edd5's in the AM, little fuel & timing tweak...     

Gonna leave the V Stream on for a while , so far so good. Headed to the Springfiled mile...Labor day...103 thunder...you comin??? May stop by and snag twolane on the way...

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 04:51:35 PM »

Are you still satisfied with the V-stream National Cycle shield ?
Do you have any bad words about it ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »

Are you still satisfied with the V-stream National Cycle shield ?
Do you have any bad words about it ?

No It worked pretty well. The angle on that shield is 50 Degrees vs 45 on a clearview. They stand that shield up a  little more. Smaller than Clearview. I had the Regular on it . I just traded my '09 SERG.. Took the shield off.. Still has the sticker on it. IF you are interested PM me . I'll take 115 Plus shipping. 

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 01:58:37 AM »

No It worked pretty well. The angle on that shield is 50 Degrees vs 45 on a clearview. They stand that shield up a  little more. Smaller than Clearview. I had the Regular on it . I just traded my '09 SERG.. Took the shield off.. Still has the sticker on it. IF you are interested PM me . I'll take 115 Plus shipping.  

Do i get it correct ?
You still have your national cycle shield ?
Could you please tell me exactly which one ?
Do you have the V-stream "Tall" "Standard" or "Low" ? (the measure above tell me it is a "Standard" one - that would be the one i would like to have).
Do you mean that the National cycle shield is more upright than the Clearview ?
But allthough it is shorter it gets higher than the CV ?
Do you have a pic of your SERG with this V-stream shield mounted , could you post it here ?
(and or or a pic of the shield alone ? )
Would be very nice , i am interested in the shield .
Does it have any scratches ?
Would you ship it to germany?
Adress by pm.
thanks
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:09:51 AM by Highjagger »

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »

Do i get it correct ?
You still have your national cycle shield ?
Could you please tell me exactly which one ?
Do you have the V-stream "Tall" "Standard" or "Low" ? (the measure above tell me it is a "Standard" one - that would be the one i would like to have).
Do you mean that the National cycle shield is more upright than the Clearview ?
But allthough it is shorter it gets higher than the CV ?
Do you have a pic of your SERG with this V-stream shield mounted , could you post it here ?
(and or or a pic of the shield alone ? )
Would be very nice , i am interested in the shield .
Does it have any scratches ?
Would you ship it to germany?
Adress by pm.

V Stream Standard, Yes will ship to Germany $ 40.00. Give  me a little while want to try it on  my '11
thanks

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 03:43:29 AM »

No Problem , try it and when you want to sell it then please pm me again .

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 01:00:40 AM »

@ Texas ,
what was the result of your try ?
PM

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 25 queries.