Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Where/How are 2011 CVOs assembled?  (Read 2854 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Where/How are 2011 CVOs assembled?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 05:23:01 PM »

Jerry

One of the guys I ride with had a st1300 he lasted about 4 weeks.. He really liked everything about the bike, Handling,ride etc. he was even happy with the power,Considering his other ride was a Kawasaki ZX14 Ninja. The reason he got rid of it was the passenger riding position. His wife found it very uncomfortable.Needless to say he now has a Triumph Rocket 3 and a Hyabusa. This guy changes motorcycles like underwear  :nixweiss: He does want a Harley but has issues with dependability.
To me a bike is a bike as long as we are happy and riding.

Good luck with your test ride  :2vrolijk_21: but if you ride two up alot bring your passenger with you  :)

Thanks for the heads up.  I did notice when looking at one that the rear seating is rather minimalistic when compared to something like an Electraglide.  Unfortunately, the wife doesn't ride with me much anymore (probably only twice this year so far), so that will be less of a factor than it would have been in the past.  I guess she got tired of my minimum requirements (long heavyweight jeans, boots, jacket, gloves, and full face helmet) that tended to affect her comfort level.  The occassional short (50 miles or less) ride shouldn't be a problem, since she was able to handle those on my old Dyna and those seats weren't exactly plush for passengers either.

It's hard to tell at this point what I might do, but I definitely know I don't want a new Harley.  Let me rephrase that.  I don't want a new Harley unless/until they fix the quality, reliability, and customer service problems.  If they were to get serious about that stuff, I'd love a new Road Glide before I either die or have to hang up the boots.  But there's no way I'm going to sign up for another big batch of headaches from the current regime at H-D.  My days of actually enjoying wrenching on and fixing vehicles are behind me. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.