Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SESG Rider Back Rest  (Read 2883 times)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
Re: SESG Rider Back Rest
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 08:39:44 AM »

I leave mine on all the time.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 05:41:50 PM »

I just installed and I love it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

devoinbk

• CVO1: FLHXSE-Tequila
    • CVO2: FXSTB-Slammed to the Ground Big AZZ Motor
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 07:58:21 AM »

Just installed mine too, it's like riding from my couch ;D ;D

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 08:36:25 AM »

I just installed mine & like usual, I have the same problems most have had on this board with the bracket having to be almost all the way forward & the backrest crushing the seat, the other problem I have is the CVO Chrome Bracket on the back of the pad is Not Straight & the reason it took so long for me to install is because the first two rider back rests came in even worse then this one. I walked around the dealers lot & found two other CVO Road Glide & Street Glides that had the same backrest on & they were also out of alignment/crooked.
You spend almost $300.00 for this, what should I expect? Perfection.

MrEd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »

I just installed mine & like usual, I have the same problems most have had on this board with the bracket having to be almost all the way forward & the backrest crushing the seat, the other problem I have is the CVO Chrome Bracket on the back of the pad is Not Straight & the reason it took so long for me to install is because the first two rider back rests came in even worse then this one. I walked around the dealers lot & found two other CVO Road Glide & Street Glides that had the same backrest on & they were also out of alignment/crooked.
You spend almost $300.00 for this, what should I expect? Perfection.

Something don't seem right as far as crushing the seat....mine doesn't do that and I'm not a super big guy with mine located all the way back....mine comes pretty much right out of the center of the slit in the seat as I recall....in line with the rise in the bucket (backside of the drivers seat)  I wouldn't think it would matter...but the one I'm using is the wider one that matches the bike with the snakeskin insert.....I'll look when I get home but something doesn't seem right  :nixweiss:

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »

CVO Chrome Bracket on the back of the pad is

CVO chrome bracket?
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 04:42:38 PM »

Something don't seem right as far as crushing the seat....mine doesn't do that and I'm not a super big guy with mine located all the way back....mine comes pretty much right out of the center of the slit in the seat as I recall....in line with the rise in the bucket (backside of the drivers seat)  I wouldn't think it would matter...but the one I'm using is the wider one that matches the bike with the snakeskin insert.....I'll look when I get home but something doesn't seem right  :nixweiss:

If you install the bracket all the way Back it fits fine, it's when you install the bracket all the way Forward is when the rider backrest steel rods crushes the seat.

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »

CVO chrome bracket?
The new CVO Street Glide & CVO Road Glide have a CVO Rider Backrest that comes with a Chrome CVO Bracket on the back of the backrest, it is Not a plain backrest & the CVO Chrome Bracket is crooked by about an 1/2".

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »

The new CVO Street Glide & CVO Road Glide have a CVO Rider Backrest that comes with a Chrome CVO Bracket on the back of the backrest, it is Not a plain backrest & the CVO Chrome Bracket is crooked by about an 1/2".

The back of my SESG2 rider backrest (the snakeskin one) doesn't have chrome anything on it ... but maybe I'm confusing rider with driver..  :)
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
Previously '10 FLSTSE

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »

The back of my SESG2 rider backrest (the snakeskin one) doesn't have chrome anything on it ... but maybe I'm confusing rider with driver..  :)

Rider/Driver is the same thing,   passenger is the other backrest/sissy bar pad.
The 2010 SESG CVO Rider & or Passenger Backrest both have what is called a CVO Chrome Bracket on the back of the pad.

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 05:41:11 PM »

Got it ... my 11 has the newest innovation from the design team -- overlapping pieces of fine corinthian leather to cover the bracket. 
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
Previously '10 FLSTSE

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 11:12:23 PM »

H-D had some nice accessories available up thru 2008, especially the detachable line of products.  We really liked the solo luggage rack on Chitlin's 2007 roadking and ordered the similar but redesigned product for her 2010 FLHXSE.  We are really upset with the appearance of the new rack, instead of re-designing the whole thing to give it similar lines, they just widened it and changed the angle of the side plates.  And since they widened the rear fender they have created a problem with hiding the detachable mounting points.  They went for the bigger tire look but failed to think through all the other changes.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.