Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Tire pressure -- and odd question -- riding from altitude to sea level  (Read 6621 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Tire pressure -- and odd question -- riding from altitude to sea level
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »

Found a very rare canister of Unobtanium Gas - 250# - and plan on using it in my tires & possibly on one of the dogs if they will hold still long enough.  It supposedly makes the bike run 3.2% faster due to the synergies of synergesis, not sure of the dog effect yet.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2010, 11:48:38 AM »

I was gonna suggest that someone try it--that is ride from Denver to Eastern Nebraska and measure the tire pressure, BUT this thread is way past that now.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »

I was gonna suggest that someone try it--that is ride from Denver to Eastern Nebraska and measure the tire pressure, BUT this thread is way past that now.

That's the best idea I've heard in... well, some period of time.  Because going for a ride is always a good idea :2vrolijk_21: .

ok

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »

I admit it's not Denver.  But I did attempt empirical data collection.  On the Road Glide all afternoon and did cross over the... wait for it, don't get too excited; ready....   the highest spot you can drive in Arkansas!

Ok, so it's only about half as high as Denver.  But that's all I could manage today.  And I'm here to report that the tires were every bit as round when I got home as they were when I left :bananarock: .

09fltrse3

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 01:09:29 AM »

I admit it's not Denver.  But I did attempt empirical data collection.  On the Road Glide all afternoon and did cross over the... wait for it, don't get too excited; ready....   the highest spot you can drive in Arkansas!

Ok, so it's only about half as high as Denver.  But that's all I could manage today.  And I'm here to report that the tires were every bit as round when I got home as they were when I left :bananarock: .

I would of thought that after an all day ride over the top of Arkansas that the tires would have been flat on the top. Thanks 2LN for the insiteful scientific study and your devotion of all things that matter in life of scooter riding.

Andy

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 08:45:17 AM »

I did the same thing, except it was in Florida not Arkansas & it was not the highest spot but it was a sort of a hill except just barely & my tires were still round on the outside except the part at the bottom where the tire touches the pavement which is sort of flat, like most of Florida.  I re-checked the air pressure just to be sure & sure enough, there was air pressure in the tires.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
UPDATE Re: Tire pressure -- riding from altitude to sea level
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 02:30:29 PM »

Just back from the HOG Mother Road Route 66 Tour. From Denver to Chicago tire pressure dropped 5 lbs.! Not insignificant. Running a thousand plus miles under inflated will burn tires up. Glad I checked when I got to Chicago. A lesson here for cross country riders.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.