Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: low volume with ipod interface help  (Read 6134 times)

tgunner

Re: low volume with ipod interface help
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 05:51:52 AM »

One more try i found a couple for loose pins too.  Pull your 35 pin connector and turn it upside down.  Make sure you can clearly see the bottoms of the dins for each plug and make sure they are seated completely.
I wish it was that easy , I've checked all pins 3 times every pin seated perfect. You said yours is working now but not as loud as aux input? Now yours is like mine, cannot hear it at high speed. Something wrong with the module or the radio ipod layer. At $400. It should be kicking like the rest of the radio.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: low volume with ipod interface help
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 09:13:08 AM »

Mine is working fine.  It's not as loud as the Ipod using the auxiliary input, but it is as loud as my Zumo 660 MP3 player that uses the auxiliary function.  The volume difference is noticible if I dwell on it, but at the end of the day it's not a big enough difference for me to continue to get aggravated over it?  I agree, it should play as loud as every other function, but it doesn't.  I have the 4" Rinehart system with the performance baffles, my bike is very loud!  I can hear my Ipod using the interface at 80MPH enough to be satisfied.  It's just as loud as the radio, XM, and my Mp3 player which I won't use anymore.  For whatever reason, the Ipod hooked up directly to the auxiliary plug is a little louder?  Maybe becasue it's more of a direct connection...not sure.  Good luck, it sounds like you may possibly have a bad unit?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.